To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alpharetta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UPS IT • Alpharetta, GA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sr. Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As an App Developer, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
- Strong C# and ASP.NET Core skills along with SQL Server 2016 experience
- Experience implementing service oriented Architectures/Micro Services
- Ability to create RESTful APIs using ASP.NET Web API Core
- Knowledge of token-based authentication/authorization protocols such as Oauth/ADFS
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior developers on the team
- Experience leveraging Azure PaaS servicesincluding: Azure Web Apps, Azure API Apps, and Azure Functions
- Experience setting up Azure IaaS, PaaS to support Web and Mobile Applications
- Prior experience in Retail or Logistic Industry is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity