The Director of Business Development (DBD) oversees the marketing, referral development, public relations, and customer satisfaction efforts for the hospital. He/she manages and directs a team of Community Liaisons who build strong customer relationships while assuring the hospital meets established goals. As a member of the facility management team, the Director of Business Development is actively involved in strategic planning, sales and marketing management, identification of potential growth opportunities, future projects, changing in programing/protocols, recruitment and retention. He/she acts as a liaison between the hospital, customers, and community stakeholders, as well as plans events, serves on community boards, and manages and negotiates commercial and managed care payer contracts.
- Articulate the mission, culture and programs of The Carolina Center to current and prospective referral sources and the community.
- Supervise a team of Community Liaisons to ensure sales/marketing efforts and results meet hospital goals.
- Develop a strategic plan for creating demand for the facilities’ services.
- Create processes and strategies to constantly improve the customer’s experience with The Carolina Center.
- Create and manage a departmental budget.
- Manage/negotiate contracts with insurance and managed care companies.
- Network and participate in community events and committees.
- Create marketing promotional materials and online/social media content.
- Coordinate professional development opportunities and other community events.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and lead special projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in sales forecasting and strategic planning, community relations, and 5-7 years experience in healthcare preferred. Behavorial health experience a plus.
- Strong presentation, organization, and team management skills.
- Ability to assess new business opportunities from market trends.
- Excellence in building, fostering and growing client relationships through anticipating needs and diligent follow up.
- Strong computer skills including experience in social media.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business or related field required. MBA preferred.