Office Team Members are an integral part of Havertys' outstanding customer experience in our retail locations by being customer focused and working as a team. Office Supervisors support store operations by supervising the Guest Service Office. They process customer sales, process payment transactions, answer phones and schedule deliveries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervises and performs all functions in the Guest Services Office
* Assist with duites required of the Office Coordinator as needed (see job description)
* Communicates and trains any changes to company policy and procedures for the Guest Service Office
* Ensures the Guest Service Office is staffed sufficiently at all times
* Answers incoming calls, distributes calls/messages and manages store's voicemail
* Handles customer complaints, initiates and follows up on existing customer service tickets
* Completes opening/closing procedure checklists daily
* Maintains office supplies and office machines
* Performs regular audits of the store operations as stated in the Quarterly Audit Checklist
* May assist manager with inventory
* May process AP functions: merchandise and expense invoices, RTVs, purchase orders, special orders, etc.
* May make or ensure bank deposits are made daily by management
* May create and process employee sales
May also do HR/Payroll:
* Processes I9 Verifications
* Maintain and approves time records for hourly team members.
* Ensures time cards are submitted for approval.
* Assists with hiring, performance reviews and discipline for all Office Assistants
* May be responsible for all new employee orientations
* Responsible for ensuring the HR posters are current and accounted for
* Responsible for ensuring OSHA logs and postings are current
* Responsible for maintaining the HAZCOM book and any applicable updates and training needed
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* One year experience in an office environment preferred
* One year experience in a customer service role
* Microsoft Word, Excel and O365 experience preferred
* Strong math skills
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Highly organized
* Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
* Must be able to work independently while using discretion
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Job Segment: Clerical, Office Manager, Manager, Administrative, Customer Service, Management