To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
- Ashfield Healthcare, Llc
- Phone: 215-347-6400
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Science Liaison
Ashfield Healthcare LLC • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Can be based anywhere in the Western United States.
As customer facing field-based medical experts, the MSL supports MSRx's products and therapeutic areas by advancing scientific and collaborative relationships and acting as a conduit for timely knowledge exchange with key members of external healthcare communities and internal stakeholders towards optimized patient outcomes. The MSL function is knowledge-based, anchored in educating internal and external stakeholders in the science behind and safe and appropriate use of our products. The MSL supports the generation of scientific knowledge through facilitation of investigator-initiated trials and publications.
- Leads efforts in recognizing, identifying, cultivating, and integrating KOL relationships in specific therapeutic areas of interest to MSRx Commercial Operations. Identifies opportunities for scientific growth and generation of medical evidence in support and/or expansion of current utilization of therapies and execution of mutual interest initiatives such as research and continuing medical education (CME).
- Identifies, develops and manages KOL relationships on a continuum of advocacy in support of company objectives and enhancing MSRx's reputation as a scientifically-innovative industry partner.
- Acquires and maintains a level of medical-scientific knowledge in an assigned therapeutic area(s) and/or disease state(s) involving clinical issues related to MSRx's products; able to interpret and disseminate pertinent scientific/ clinical data and evaluates current and new information as it applies to MSRx's therapies.
- Contributes to periodic updates of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and responses to standard response letters (SRL) in a fair and balanced manner.
- Tactical delivery of programs according to established objectives and serves as a resource for education and dissemination of pertinent, clear, and balanced medical-scientific information to internal audiences (Marketing, Medical Affairs, Research & Development and Sales) and external audiences (healthcare professionals, consumers, patient organizations, distributors, etc.)
- Minimum of 5-10 years in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry preferred. Prior experience in providing MSL-level support to products or devices in specific therapeutic areas, including KOL development, investigator-initiated clinical trials, publications and educational programs highly preferred.
- MSL and/or strong clinical and research experience in CNS, and specifically epilepsy therapeutic area highly preferred.
- Advanced degree in a Medical and or scientific field (i.e PharmD, or PhD), or clinical experience in relevant discipline (i.e. CN, APN, NP, PA-C), preferred.
- CRA, clinical project experience a plus.
- Experience in other Medical Affairs functions (i.e., Publication Planning, Scientific communications, HEOR, etc) is highly preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel at minimum 50% of time).
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated relationship builder.
- Strong presentation and writing skills. Skilled in use of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Project etc.)
- Must have a style that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization.
- Results oriented and self-motivated.