St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The primary functions of the Dental Services Assistant are to provide clinical assistance to the dental staff with functions related to providing comprehensive patient treatment and excellent customer service.JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Assists in preparing the Clinic to receive patients.
- Assists in providing CPR, if necessary.
- Turns on and off all necessary equipment (dental chair, autoclave, water, compressor, x-ray processor, etc.) at the beginning and end of each day.
- Communicates daily and directly with patients, visitors, physicians, and patient care staff throughout the Dental Clinics and the hospital.
- Familiarizes self with each patient and their scheduled treatment in order to be fully prepared to assist the dentist.
- Helps management of patient flow by: Escorting patient to and from the reception/waiting room. Seating each patient and seeing to their comfort. Having all equipment prepared and ready for use.
- Having the room fully prepared for the patient treatment. Advising Receptionist about special instructions for client.
- As necessary, assists the dentist in all procedures, requiring four-handed dentistry, including, but not limited to, the following: oral evacuation, tongue retraction, mixing dental materials, preparing impression trays, pouring models, preparing work for laboratory pick up and patient delivery.
- Assists dentist in recording patient data in the Dentrix system
- Adapts to alternate practice settings and scheduling requirements.
Sit up to 8 hours per day; 4 hours at a time. Stand for up to 5 hours per day; 4 hours at a time. Frequent walking, lifting, carrying, pushing of objects weighing up to 100 lbs. with assistance. Frequent squatting, kneeling, occasional stooping/bending, crouching, and reaching above shoulder level. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral visions.EDUCATION:
Must possess High School diploma or equivalentMust be currently CPR/BLS certified. PA X-ray Certification (within six months of employment) required. Certification from accredited Dental Assisting Program preferred.TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Strong customer service skills. One-year, hands-on dental assisting experience preferred, bilingual (Spanish) preferred. Experience using Dentrix Enterprise software preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service