United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
The Product Support Engineer will support mature military programs for primary electric power generation. This position is a self-directed role with support from management and advisory engineers, who are at the ready, as required. A successful candidate would be one willing to bring new, bold, and innovative ideas to solve problems and make improvements on these mature programs. Predicated on performance, this role can lead to vast opportunities as this person will be the sole cognizant engineer on multiple programs and will lead any efforts required on these programs. This role offers opportunities to work with multiple cross functional team members, as well as management and customers.
* The work associated with this position will be performed onsite
* Support manufacturing facility in root cause corrective action (RCCA) investigations for test rejects and production returns
* Support repair facility in RCCA investigations for field returns
* Validation testing of defined corrective actions
* Implementation of corrective action engineering changes
* Provide technical and programmatic communication on production and field issues to management and suppliers
* Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations OR
* Advanced Degree in a related field OR
* In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
* Experience in a manufacturing and/or assembly environment
* Experience with root cause corrective action
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world - and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
* Tuition reimbursement
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
* Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
* Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
* Adoption Assistance
* Autism Benefit
* Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
* Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
* Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
* Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
* Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
* And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
- Assembly And Installation
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Electrical Engineering