Requisition ID: 141161
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Be on the ground floor as we build our structures team to support Transportation Facilities, Industrial buildings and Marine/Waterfront structures. Do you like working on different types of projects? Do you enjoy the fast pace of design/build? If you are an agile structural project engineer that likes to work with clients and production teams to coordinate and deliver cohesive structural designs – this is the right opportunity for you!
We are seeking to add a highly motivated Senior Project Engineer, to help lead structural components of projects and teams. In this role, you will be performing structural analysis on building structures and systems and recommending new designs, developing technical reports and interfacing with construction services. You will need to have knowledge in the behavior of structural systems and their components relating to commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Building system types include, but not limited to, steel, concrete, masonry, wood, roofing and building envelopes.
You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Woodcliff Lake New Jersey office. Future opportunity of working out of New York City by the end of the year. This position requires around 25 percent travel. We do offer relocation assistance to our New Jersey office, for individuals greater than 50 miles away.
- Fieldwork to document as-built conditions of structural systems
- Utilize building codes, technical knowledge of structural behavior in order to perform structural analysis and understanding of construction practices to establish design and/or repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluate design drawings and documentation. Produce designs, plan production, building layout/profiles; specifications, construction documents,
- Communicate with Clients and construction team and provide detailed reports and other documents.
- Coordinate with other disciplines/engineers to ensure cohesive, innovative design solutions. Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Willing to travel, as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited program required.
- Must have professional Engineering License for New York (NY) with the ability to obtain license in other states. *(Company will pay for additional licenses)
- Minimum 5 Years Structural Engineering experience in design and analysis, and/or project engineering in facilities/buildings/structures with strong structural analysis skills.
- Broad background with various building system types (which may include but not limited to, steel, concrete, masonry, wood, roofing and building envelopes). Agile and able to work (and want to work) on different types of projects. Experience with waterfront structures like pylons, piers, bulkheads, cofferdams, stress-relieving structures and understanding of Resiliency projects highly desired.
- Knowledge of national building and construction codes (ASCE, AISC, ACI, NDS, etc.)
- Experience with Design/Build projects desired, or experience working with multiple types of construction in some capacity (resident engineering) is a big plus
- RISA structural analysis experience is desires; SAP 2000 desired
- Field experience with construction of structural facilities/buildings/waterfront structures preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Agile Methodology
- Architectural Drawing
- Building Codes
- Infrastructure Management