Services and maintains Canon Solutions America supported cut sheet products and certain large format products in accordance with Service and Parts Standards to achieve efficiency and a high level of customer satisfaction. Diagnoses routine mechanical and system failures using established procedures and perform basic customer network installs. Unresolved problems will be escalated in accordance with standard procedures.
- Diagnoses routine mechanical and system failures, using established procedures for products on which you are certified.
- Services and repairs designated equipment, as assigned, to Canon standards and specifications and are successful on those repairs with support as required.
- Reports to manager product failure trends and serviceability issues with necessary supported documentation ensuring accurate information and record keeping.
- Meets customer demands by providing efficient, responsive and accurate Field/Shop/onsite repairs.
- Properly maintains all technical information, FSR's, Expense Reports and Canon property assigned.
- Communicates with supervisors and other departments, if necessary, regarding the solution of escalated technical and/or customer service related problem areas.
- Possesses good customer communication and satisfaction skills.
- Responsible for maintaining the performance of machines to which you are assigned as the primary engineer.
- Responsible for maintaining performance at a level which help to achieve the districts overall metric targets.
Typically requires general education and/or vocational training but little to no experience.
- Associates degree in electronics or electrical engineering capacity from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience.
- Possess a basic understanding of internet environments. Successful completion of the 120 day introductory period and completion of the PDIF new hire class.
- May require some travel (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary.
- Must be able to work in a 24x7 environment, perform shift work and do on-call rotations (applies to those servicing PPS\LFS equipment).
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be in a mobile activity more than 50% of the time (walking, standing, stooping/kneeling).
About our Company - Canon Solutions America provides industry leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With the technology offerings of the Canon and Océ brands, Canon Solutions America helps companies of all sizes find ways to: improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs in conjunction with high volume, continuous feed, digital and traditional printing, and document management solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., Canon Solutions America is headquartered in Melville, N.Y. and has sales and service locations across the U.S.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit sharing, success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.
Customer Communications Management