To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Brand Strategist II
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To build relationships and act as the face of marketing to develop marketing strategies and facilitate execution of marketing strategies and campaigns. To effectively promote the Navy Federal brand to members and prospective members in support of corporate initiatives and business goals. Apply broad functional knowledge and expertise to improve the performance of product campaigns and initiatives. Maintain an understanding and working knowledge of the functions, processes, and systems of other cognizant business units. Work on complex issues requiring knowledge of organizational objectives and competing priorities. Works with moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
• Develop integrated strategies for marketing campaigns, oversees planning, creative briefings, presentations, brainstorm sessions, and, with internal teams, presents post campaign results and recommendations
• Work with product owners to develop and execute marketing strategies and advertising campaigns across paid and owned media
• Collaborate with all levels of business unit leaders, to determine goals and product line enhancements for the development of the marketing plan and opportunities
• Align Business Unit goals with navy federal brand goals and plans
• Leverage internal and external expertise and capabilities to provide additional insights in the creation and refinement of campaign strategies
• Maintain awareness of marketing Annual Financial Plan (AFP) and associated financial impact of marketing campaigns for assigned Business Unit
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of Navy Federal's products and services, and trends within the marketing, industry, competitive, and other to provide thought leadership and recommendations to assigned Business Unit
• Facilitate product-level marketing initiatives within Marketing & Advertising
• Provide guidance and product owner feedback to the creative team regarding creative strategy, campaign objectives, appropriate tone of voice and brand positioning
• Work with operations team to ensure that all initiatives remain on schedule and on budget and update Business Unit as applicable on any changes
• Act as the communications manager keeping all parties informed of any changes in strategy, approach or timing, to include, marketing leadership, business unit, and internal teams
• Manage Business Unit expectations through education on marketing, process, media constraints and opportunities
• Serve as cross-functional campaign liaison with Compliance, Business Units and Security to ensure all marketing materials conform to business unit, compliance, regulatory and security requirements
• Champion Navy Federal brand standards ensuring all third party vendors follow brand guidelines
• Lead Advertising Agency relationship - collaborate and inform Agency partners of business unit and brand initiatives, business unit goals, updates and feedback to ensure integrated strategies and campaigns are executed
• Coordinate and inform paid media plans and facilitate the ongoing development of paid media
• Present media recommendations ‘Point of View’ and plans to Marketing and business unit stakeholders on behalf of Agency
• Perform other related duties as required
• Working knowledge of products, services, processes, requirements, and systems related to the business unit
• Working knowledge of state and Federal laws; industry regulations, principles, and practices; and company policies that govern the business unit’s products/services
• Working knowledge of banking/financial industry trends, products and services
• Advanced skill in strategic thinking to write/develop comprehensive marketing plans
• Effective skill in building strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership
• Ability to synthesize results of analyses, develop and make recommendations and presents results to solve unique and complex problems
• Experience in collaborating across organizational boundaries and building partnerships across various functions
• Experience in leading large projects/initiatives which have business risk and impact
• Skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Significant experience in managing multiple initiatives and meeting changing requirements and priorities to accomplish objective
• Skill using innovative thinking to solve problems and facilitate the decision-making process
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective skill interacting with staff, management, vendors and members diplomatically and tactfully
• Effective skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Effective skill to successfully influence, lead and/or guide others towards goals
• Effective skill in the use of PCs and related software packages
• Desired – Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field
• Desired – Working knowledge of NCUA regulations that govern the activities, products and services of the business unit
• Desired – Working knowledge of Navy Federal's functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
• Desired – Experience working with leadership and management in diverse and complex operational environments
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability