Assistant Treasurer, Senior Accountant – Internal Controls
New York, NY
The Assistant Treasurer, Senior Accountant of Internal Controls will assist with the implementation and monitoring of the Bank’s Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act (FDICIA) Program and Financial Controls Framework. The Assistant Treasurer, Senior Accountant will partner with control owners as well as with internal and external auditors to ensure that internal controls are properly documented and evaluated.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the implementation of the Bank’s FDICIA Program which is aligned with the COSO 2013 Framework
- Partner with key FDICIA stakeholders to analyze and review assigned processes and risks
- Participate in control walkthroughs to evaluate and document the design effectiveness of key controls
- Gather and analyze documentation across various internal departments to test key controls and communicate findings to management
- Assist with the annual review and periodic refresh of narratives and track remediation plans to completion
- Ensure that FDICIA activities are performed in full compliance with regulatory requirements and Corporate Policy and Procedures
Job Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in internal controls working with FDICIA or SOX in the Banking or Financial Services industries
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of COSO 2013 Framework, financial/operational reporting, auditing concepts and practices
- Efficiently manage tasks while keeping management informed of issues and progress in a timely manner
- Ability to meet deadlines and a commitment to quality assurance in work product
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Committed to a high degree of professional standards and business ethics
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement and moreto full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Standard Accounting Practices