The Clinical Director of Perioperative Services provides general oversight, leadership and 24-hour responsibility for the four surgical departments and supporting departments. The Clinical Director of Perioperative Services functions as a point of contact for customer service for physicians, Clinical Operations Managers and Administration. The Clinical Director of Perioperative Services ensures that the division’s goals, philosophies and objectives are achieved and supported through MC21 Daily Management System process controls.
The Clinical Director of Perioperative Services is a major contributor of insight into physician partnerships and performance improvement. Facilitates breakthrough improvements and oversees successful implementations and sustainment of Lean initiatives as they support the Value Stream. Is future-oriented and can identify emerging trends in projects. This Clinical Director of Perioperative Services requires extreme resourcefulness and customer service orientation.
The Clinical Director has fiscal responsibility for all resources defined during the budget process. The success of the position depends significantly on their ability to participate well with others and/or collaborate with other managers within the Division of Nursing and the Medical Center.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Clinical Director of Perioperative Services reports to the Executive Director.
- The Clinical Director of Perioperative Services supervises and manages the Managers of Clinical Operations as well as staff, and assistant unit managers to coordinate the day to day operations of the departments.
- Proactively identifies, researches and recommends new applications to enhance current processes, achieve cost advantages and/or improve customer service. Proactively identifies, researches and recommends new product lines. Strategic thrust is to achieve revenue targets and specific unit metrics.
- Excels in building relationships with physicians. Handles complaints with tact and diplomacy. Makes effective use of company strengths to counter competitive programs
- Collaborates with Executive Director and Vice President to design opportunities for increased business. Has a critical role to leverage best practice and outcomes to optimize results; this is the driving force to obtain what is recognized as a “Center of Excellence”
- Maintains expertise and competence in determining needs for the clinical departments. Maintains awareness of healthcare relevant laws and regulations to provide sound advice to administration (specifically surgical agencies such as AORN AMA, ASBS, AAMI, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse licensed in California required.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) required.
- Minimum of 3 years Clinical background in operating room required.
- Minimum of 3 years hospital management experience in Tertiary Care setting required.
- Experience in a union environment and employment management practices preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including Title 22, Title 24 and JCAHO
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles
- Knowledge of quality and performance improvement activities (LEAN principles preferred)
- Knowledge of word processing application programs, spread sheets
United States-California-Long BeachPrimary Location: Schedule:
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: LON005815
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.