When the snow begins to fall, that is when Christmas Mountain Village truly comes alive. Do you want to be part of creating an EPIC winter for our guests this year? With 16 amazing ski runs and 5 tubing runs to explore, one of Wisconsin’s finest terrain
parks, and plenty of activities for the kids, you will find life at Christmas Mountain Village to be unlike anything else.
The purpose of the Ski Operations Supervisor is to direct the day-to-day work of associates within the Snowmaking, Lift Operations and Ski Hill Maintenance teams.
• Enforces policies, procedures and all safety guidelines.
• Interview, hire, train/orientate, schedule and manage hourly and seasonal employees: typically, 5 Snow Makers, 17 lift operators, 10 ski instructors, 8 ski rental, repair and tuning technicians and Ski Hill Maintenance Technicians.
• Make decisions in coordination with the Resort Manager regarding closures or rescheduling when adverse weather conditions exists;
• Manage Ski operations, including trouble-shooting issues as they arise (e.g. mechanical, ski lifts, snowmaking equipment and behavioral).
• Maintain current CPR / First Aid certification;
• Organize and oversee snow-making as weather permits;
• Obtain and maintain ski patrol certification – perform ski patrol functions in the absence of a ski patrol member or when need requires;
• Coordinate and manage annual inventory of ski equipment and spring ski tune-up,
• Coordinate seasonal setting up and removal of the Ski Mountain equipment; materials, etc.
• Determine new equipment needs, and coordinate with Resort Management to place order(s) from vendor(s) upon Corporate approval of AR requests
• Determine, in coordination with the Resort Management team the first and final day of ski season (adjust as needed based on snow conditions);
• Supervise retail building Maintenance Technician.
• Order and manage inventory and supplies for the Ski Mountain;
• Work closely with Bluegreen Safety Department, Internal Audit and local, county and state departments on grounds, building and equipment maintenance, repairs and compliance;
• Communicate and correspond as required on behalf of Christmas Mountain Village, including email, phone, and mail;
• Accountability for adhering to budgets and participating in budget creation and modifications
• Active participation in creation of five year capital plans
• Verification of payroll for hourly employees;
• Ensure paperwork and documentation is appropriately handled (e.g. forwarded to bookkeeper in a timely manner, etc.) and filed.
• A GED or equivalent and strong knowledge in Alpine Skiing and Ski Hill Management preferred
• A minimum of 7-10 years of ski operations experience
• Ability to inspect, diagnose, repair and maintain functional parts of ski lift and snow making equipment;
• Willingness and ability to become Adult and Child CPR/First Aid Certified and Ski Patrol Certified;
• Demonstrated competency and experience preferred in facilities management;
• Demonstrated knowledge and competency in working with and troubleshooting mechanical systems;
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
• Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills;
• Evidence of successful collaboration and an ability to work cooperatively with all stakeholders;
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, especially between the timeframe of December through March of each year;
'We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. If offered employment, applicant must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test.'
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply Chain Management