If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Full Stack Python Engineer.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Full Stack Python Engineer or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Full Stack Python Engineer.
About the team and position
The Vehicle Data & Inventory team manages Carvana's massive vehicle data systems where our ultimate goal is to generate advanced insights as well as accurate and actionable intelligence on every vehicle available in the US car market. We develop APIs, pipelines, algorithms, architectures, and applications to support all stages of vehicle acquisition and merchandising.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop, maintain, and deploy complex back end solutions using Python stacks and cloud services (Azure, AWS).
- Design, develop, maintain, and deploy intuitive interfaces for our internal applications.
- Work with cloud based systems, pipelines, and resources.
- Perform data storage and persistence container querying using SQL, NoSQL, and caching technologies.
- Develop loosely coupled solutions that are scalable, testable, modularized, and reusable.
- Work in a team environment using Agile project approaches (Scrum, Kanban).
- Participate in all Scrum activities such as creating user stories, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives.
- Create and monitor dashboards and alerts to maintain the high availability of our services and pipelines.
- Learn new technologies, approaches, and bring Carvana software engineering to the next level.
What you should have
- At least 4 years of software development, with consistently advancing skills and responsibilities.
- Proven track record and passion for learning new programming languages.
- Experience in working with data storages (SQL or NoSQL).
- Experience in writing unit tests.
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting web services, API, and libraries.
- Good communication and collaboration skills - Carvana developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor.
It would be great if you also had
- Experience in writing GraphQL interfaced services.
- Experience in using any cloud service (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Experience in container-oriented architecture using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in using message queues, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Experience in C#
What does our growth have to do with you?
Only everything. Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? Give it a shot! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Full Stack Python Engineer that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other systematically marginalized groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Carvana, we're builders. We build tools, business, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thought, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Amazon Web Services
- Apache Kafka
- C Sharp (Programming Language)