To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Portland, ME
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Long Term Disability (LTD) Claims Analyst - South Portland, ME
UnitedHealth Group • South Portland, ME
Posted 2 months ago
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
You'll join a high caliber team where you're assisting, educating, problem - solving and resolving tenuous situations to the best possible outcomes. Bring your people skills, emotional strength and attention to detail. In return we offer the latest tools and most intensive training program in the industry. Get ready to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Long - Term Disability (LTD) Claims Analyst is responsible for providing expertise or general claims support to teams in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing, and adjusting claims. Authorizes the appropriate payment or refers claims to investigators for further review. Conducts data entry and re - work; analyzes and identifies trends and provides reports as necessary.
- Review and render determinations on Long Term Disability claims
- Initiate and maintain appropriate level of communication within ERISA standards through the claim review and investigation process
- Respond to all inquiries generated relative to Long Term Disability claims within established service time frame
- Provide accurate claim decisions in accordance with Policy, State, and Federal guidelines
- Adjudicate Long Term Disability claims
- Analyzes and investigates
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with Long Term Disability claims processing
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and problem - solving issues in a customer service setting
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, long term disability claims, LTD claims, disability claims, claims processing, problem solving, healthcare