Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"Overview
Our Clinical Director provides overall direction of mental health services provided to patients at the facility. Provides clinical supervision and administrative direction to mental health professionals and clerical support staff as well as provide professional training and experience. Maintains effective communication with Department of Corrections and accountability for clinical services performed by staff by ensuring appropriate documentation of services provided through coordination of the Quality Improvement programs.QualificationsEducation: Experience:
- One (1) or more years experience providing psychiatric services in an adult facility or providing mental health services in a multidisciplinary environment
- Significant professional experience in mental health that indicates knowledge of management/supervision techniques
- Physician licensed to practice medicine in the state by the Board of Healing Art that is board certified in psychiatry or a license in the state to practice psychology by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board
- Current CPR Certification
- Responsible to plan, supervise, and coordinate the efforts of mental health services' staff at the institutional level as directed by the Regional Mental Health Director and the Health Services Administrator.
- Responsible for the clinical supervision and direction, professional education, and staff development of mental health professionals at the facility and for training of other facility staff regarding mental health issues.
- Responsible to provide clinical and consultation services in accordance with the policies and procedures and regulations of the institution and the Department of Corrections, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the relevant professional association, National Commission on Correctional Health Care, and the American Correctional Association.
- Responsible to provide oversight of the Quality Improvement program for mental health services at the facility.
- Responsible to represent the interests of Mental Health Services at facility under the direction of the Regional Mental Health Director in order to facilitate cooperation in the delivery of mental health services.
- Responsible to perform clinical services commensurate with the Clinical Director's education and experience.
- Provision of overall clinical supervision and direction to mental health professionals at the facility, ensuring that relevant ethical and professional standards of care are met. Supervision needs can be met through individual and small group supervision, consultation, case presentations, or other forms of peer supervision.
- Assigns specific duties and clinical responsibilities to mental health staff in accordance with their position description, education and training. Notifies Regional Mental Health Director staff's inability to perform such duties and responsibilities in a competent, ethical and professional manner.
- Direct and supervise all mental health treatment planning for patients. Approve patient mental health treatment plans developed by other mental health services staff. Coordinate case planning meetings and unit treatment team meetings. Coordinate mental health treatment planning with other treatment programs at facility.
- Provide clinical review and oversight of Activity Therapy program at facility as well as clinical supervision of the Activity Treatment Director.
- Provide oversight of mental health services staff's documentation in the mental health record of clinical services provided to patients. Oversight includes periodic chart reviews and in-service to staff on aspects of documentation of mental health care.
- Coordinate the provision of in-service opportunities to mental health services staff to ensure compliance with professional education requirements and professional standards. Maintain documentation of in-service received by staff.
- Under direction of the Regional Mental Health Director, develop and implement goals and objectives for clinical services. Develop and refine facility policies and procedures to ensure that these meet not only recognized standards, but also the institution's General Orders.
- Aid Health Services Administrator in staff selection and recruitment.
- Provide supervision of clerical support staff to ensure that the mental health files and departmental files are maintained properly.
- Provide direct clinical services duties as outlined in the position description of the field directly related to the Clinical Director's education and experience (e.g., Staff Psychiatrist) as needed to meet institutional mental health service requirements.
- Provide a system of 24-hour crisis intervention services. Immediately notify the Regional Mental Health Director of any instances of serious suicide attempts, completed suicides, use of therapeutic restraints, or use of forced medications. Review any inadequacies with crisis intervention services and implement corrective steps as needed.
- Provide timely notification to the Regional Mental Health Director of clinical concerns which may impact an individual patient or the Mental Health Services program.
- Coordinate training of facility staff, including security, regarding mental health issues.
- As provided by Policy and Procedure and as directed by the Mental Health Services Director, review transfers for appropriateness and clinical necessity, and inform Regional Mental Health Director of pending transfers.
- Responsible to assure provision of evaluations as requested by the Department of Corrections administrative staff, Parole Board or other appropriate agencies. Evaluations are to be completed in a timely, professional manner and include the administration and interpretation of psychological assessment techniques when appropriate and within the scope of staff member's education and professional experience.
- Coordinate Quality Improvement program, including dissemination of monthly screens, review of completed screens, and development of corrective action plans for areas in which improvement is needed.
- Compliance with employee standards of DOC. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships, and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from institution.
- May be required to arrange and/or participate in a system of 24-hour crisis intervention services. Immediately notify the The Company Supervisor of any instances of suicide attempts, completed suicides, use of therapeutic restraints, or use of forced medications. Review any inadequacies with crisis intervention services and implement corrective steps as needed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
- Radiation Treatment Planning
- Clinical Supervision
- Mental Health
- Crisis Intervention
- Critical Thinking
- Community Mental Health Services