The Market Trainer is expected to
* Protect the legal, financial and moral wellbeing of the Larry H. Miller Dealerships;
* Collaborate with the General Managers within the dealerships to develop a quality sales training program.
* Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful;
* Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service.
Reports to: Vice President of Corporate Development
* Execute and facilitate all aspects of the Larry H. Miller Dealerships Sales Training designated by the President of Larry H. Miller Dealerships, Vice President of Corporate Development and General Managers within the Dealerships.
* Create and maintain daily, weekly and monthly activities needed to execute and support training plan within each designated dealership.
* Follow through to ensure long term sustainment of the training plan within the dealership, ensure progress is made by means of tracking and communicating results.
* Model the behaviors expected of all Larry H. Miller Dealerships employees; including a drive for top results, a clear bias for action; high level of professionalism; giving, receiving and responding to feedback effectively; a high service orientation; and clear commitments to diversity, inclusion, a respectful workplace, and integrity.
* Have working knowledge of the Larry H. Miller Dealerships sales process and performance expectations as designated by the Larry H. Miller Automotive Operations management staff and the dealership General Managers.
* Model team commitment by meeting deadlines, being cooperative, collaborative and flexible.
* Actively build the capability of others through timely and relevant coaching education and feedback.
* Use recognition to reinforce desirable behaviors and constructive coaching to correct or improve performance.
* Meet weekly with Vice President of Corporate Development (by phone) to determine sales training needs and report on training initiatives.
* Assist with recruiting efforts for the dealerships while working with Miller Automotive Human Resources and dealership General Managers.
* Conduct regular and effective sales training for newly hired sales staff within the dealerships.
* Perform one-on-one coaching on a regular basis with employees needing additional direction. Focus improvement on;
* Sales performance
* Dealership culture
* Customer experience (Customer Service Index-CSI)
* Sales results and overall success (sales efficiency, net and gross profit)
* Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
* Perform all other duties as requested by management.
* Ability to determine and collaboratively communicate training objectives.
* Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
* Speaking- talking to others to convey information effectively
* Active listening skills- taking the time to understand the points being made by employees and customers
* Social Perceptiveness- being aware of other's reactions and understating why they react the way they do
* Teach, plan and support the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
Operate with integrity.
* Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
* Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
* Display the highest quality professional attitude at all times.
* Maintain composure within the workplace and outside of the workplace when representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships.
* Minimum 7 year's automotive sales experience or accredited Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
* Extensive knowledge of automotive industry sales processes and technologies.
* Extensive knowledge of automotive specific software including DealerSocket.
* Public speaking, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English including the ability to provide clear, positive, constructive feedback to team members.
* Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and manage job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities.
* Consistently demonstrate a commitment to Larry H. Miller Dealerships policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
* Troubleshoot effectively and proactively.
* Reliable- being dependable in fulfilling job obligations
* Adaptable- open to change and variety within the workplace
* Proficiency of wireless and mobile applications, computers and technologies.
* Detail oriented.
* Customer Service
* Be service oriented and actively looking for ways to help
* Represent the company to all employees and customers in all communications
* Work performed in an office and dealership settings due to need to train and coach staff members.
* Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
* Occasionally required to travel.
* Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
* Required ability to work various hours and frequently 40+ hours per week.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
* Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and followership behaviors which promotes Larry H. Miller standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
* Compliance -- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
* Customer Service--the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
* Ethics/Integrity -- the individual represents the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
* Oral Communication--the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
* Planning/Organizing--the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
* Quality--the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Dependability--the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
* Safety and Security--the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Larry H. Miller Management reserves the right to do so at anytime. Employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled