For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of performance materials, chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
- Safer Travels - We produce highly engineered Performance Materials that help make highways and airports safer for drivers, pedestrians, pilots and passengers
- Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer
- Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts, materials, chemicals, and services that enable environmental improvements, enhance consumer products, and increase personal safety.
Process Controls Engineering Group Lead will be based at our Joliet, IL plant.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability with Allen-Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's). Comfortable programming in the full range of A/B PLC products, including RSView, RSLogic 5/500/500, Studio 5000, and other comparable MMI and ladder logic programs.
- Able to troubleshoot higher-level problems with plant instruments and transmitters. Sufficiently knowledgeable to make recommendations for improved instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment links between the PLC and Motor Control Centers (MCC's).
- A good level of understanding of three phase systems and how they are used for power distribution in chemical plants. Problem solving ability with electrical distribution systems, VFDs, and transformers.
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as serial, fieldbus's, and IP protocols. Related to IP protocols able to define and troubleshoot networks that span multiple subnets or VLAN's.
- Familiar with setup and administration of servers and workstation machines in a process controls system.
- Sets the company standards for electrical distribution and switchgear, and insures systems are installed that meet the NEC. A working familiarity with NFPA-70E.
- Insures that plant electrical drawings (single lines diagrams and MCC drawings at minimum) are maintained.
- Able to independently manage work requests from numerous plant sites, prioritize, and provide first class customer service.
- Able to develop project scopes and communicate / manage 3rd parties / contractors.
- Able to provide written operating procedures as required, as well as monthly update reports on project progress.
- Ability to lead a team of engineers and technicians on projects as well as directing activities from remote locations.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering. Masters degree desirable.
- Eight to twelve years experience in PLC-based process controls, electrical distribution systems, and process instrumentation.
- Thorough knowledge of chemical plant instrumentation.
- Plant experience as site electrical engineer, controls engineer or instrumentation specialists.
Abilities & Skills:
- Ability to work independently and set the standard for PQ's electrical installations.
- Ability to manage engineering contractors and electricians assure quality work that meets PQ's requirements
- Able to make effective verbal and written presentations to audiences ranging from hourly maintenance staff to senior management.
- Ability to assist in developing project requirements, scopes of work and budget estimates.
- Ability to interpret applicable regulatory codes.
- Will involve approximately 40%-50% travel to PQ plants across the US.
- Ability to lead a group of electrical and controls engineers and technicians, while working remotely.
Programmable Logic Controllers