The Certified Nursing Assistant and Nurse Aide is responsible for the tasks of personal care and incidental activities of daily living for patients of all ages in patient homes. Performs care and delegated tasks as directed by the nursing plan of care and/or supervisor as permitted by policies and procedures and allowed under state law/regulation.
- Provides for patient’s personal hygiene, grooming, and comfort needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, backrubs, shampoos, shaves, bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail care, and oral hygiene.
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and use of personal protective equipment.
- Observes and reports the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor.
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver the care and assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and range of motion exercises.
- weight.specimen collections; measurements of vital signs; and and output; blood glucose monitoring; urine Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to: measuring and documenting intake treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths.Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat
- Safely applies and monitors the safe use of physical restraints as directed.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclos PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of Nursing Assistant course and Nursing Assistant certification as required by state in which employed.
- Minimum of (2) year experience in a comparable job.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Pass criminal background checks.
- Drug Test
- Current CPR/First Aid
- Able to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance.
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- First Aid And Preparedness
- Glucose Testing
- Infection Control