To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Business Development Manager - United States
Millipore Sigma • Boston, MA
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: As part of the Research Commercial organization, this person will have revenue responsibility for assigned federal government agencies and institutions. In addition, this person will collaborate closely with internal resources within strategic and commercial marketing, contracts and legal, distribution, e-procurement and others to develop and execute marketing campaigns and programs targeting federal research spend in assigned accounts. Further, this person will become the subject matter expert for federal funding analysis, bid cycles and contracts and federal procurement trends, thereby transforming internal/external knowledge and resources into actionable intelligence regarding federal research budgeting and spending in our addressable market space.
- Utilizing available internal resources in distribution, contracts, commercial and strategic marketing, and sales partners to drive revenue gains in assigned Federal Government agencies
- Manage contract and agreement discussions with respective institutions, and coordinate contract/agreement implementation activities internally
- Understand and develop strategies to leverage existing federal procurement processes, B2B systems and spending cycles.
- High level collaboration with distributor partners to drive growth initiatives in this space, leveraging their existing relationships and understanding their value proposition to federal institutions. Marketing activities in conjunction with dealer partners
- Deep dive into federal spending trends, institutional/departmental budget allocations, etc. to develop actionable intelligence and opportunities to align at the institution/department level of federal agencies
- Proactively monitoring federal bids, RFPs, RFQs, and coordinate internal resources to respond/submit as appropriate
- Engage with federal agencies including, but not limited to, procurement, department directors, researchers, scientists
- Attend industry conferences and events, trade shows and “vendor fairs” that involve federal research interests
Who You Are
- BS Degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD
- Experience in Account Management / sales in the life science or chemistry industry calling on academic and government accounts strongly preferred
- Preference given to candidates with federal government sales experience (NIH, CDC, USDA, DOD, DOE, etc)
- Contract negotiation experience strongly preferred
- Extensive experience collaborating amongst internal teams in a highly-matrixed environment desired
- Demonstrated business plan development
- Extensive experience and understanding of B2B / e-procurement landscape, especially within federal government strongly preferred
- Expected travel 35%-45%
- Location: Anywhere in United States, close to large airport
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.