To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
148 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Manager
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Boston, MA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for new sales growth at PCG Education. The BDM’s sole focus is on new sales and assisting with retaining existing revenue streams when projects are up for renewal. The BDM is expected to be familiar with Education leadership and issues of the State Education Agencies (SEAs) and Local Education Agencies (LEAs) in a prescribed geographic area. The BDM with work closely with PCG Managers and staff targeting business opportunities for the firm. The BDM will be evaluated on the number of viable business opportunities identified and the revenue realized from those identified opportunities.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills to deal with government executive, legislative, SEA and LEA leadership personnel to achieve PCG sales goals.
- Demonstrate ability to develop business relationships with educational leaders at the state and local level.
- Work closely in a team environment with others who will be accepting the business execution responsibilities of the opportunities developed.
- Capitalize on knowledge of funding sources for SEA and LEA programs and the rules that govern the availability of local, State, and Federal funds.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of Education leaders.
- Ability to assist in the direction of the sales process of PCG products and services.
- Commitment to exceptional client service.
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
- Proven ability to take initiative to move daily work forward.
- Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
- Excellent business writing skills.
- Proven ability to make presentations to various audiences.
- Good judgment in completing tasks and in seeking guidance when needed.
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
- Strong skills in the areas of interpersonal communication, analysis, critical thinking, attention to detail, and multi-tasking.
- Experience working with District and SEA decision makers
- Previous experience in an educational sales role with demonstrated record of growth
- 8 plus years related work experience
- 40 - 60%