Store - MCALLEN, TX
We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
Help customers shop our store and be able to find what they’re looking for. Ensure all customers receive a fast and friendly checkout experience. Maintain store recovery standards to deliver our Brand Promises. Prevent shrink with friendly service.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Company programs to ensure compliance to applicable laws and requirements; execute Company policies and standards
- Provide a fast and friendly check out experience
- Execute cash handling to standards
- Engage customers on benefits of Rewards and complete enrollments
- Educate customer on Voice of Customer (VOC) survey
- Participate in the truck un-load and stocking processes to ensure truck standards are followed and completed within budget
- Responsible to complete merchandise recovery and maintenance to include the merchandise return / go back process
- Support shrink and safety programs
- Assist with Omni channel processes
- Acknowledge customers, help locate product and provide solutions
- Interacts with others in an accepting and respectful manner; remains positive and respectful, even in difficult situations; promotes commitment to the organization’s vision and values; projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others
- Cross trained in Custom Framing selling and production
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Type of experience the job requires
- Retail and/or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to remain standing for long periods of time
- Ability to move throughout the store
- Regular bending, lifting, carrying, reaching and stretching
- Lifting heavy boxes and accessing high shelves by ladder or similar equipment
- If you need help performing these functions of your job, please contact your supervisor so that we may engage in the interactive process with you and find a reasonable accommodation
- Public retail store setting taking care of our customers; all public areas are climate controlled; some stock rooms may not be climate controlled; some outdoor work if assigned to retrieve shopping carts or while unloading trucks; Frame shop contains glass cutter and heat press; work hours include nights, weekends and early mornings
Applicants in the U.S. and Canada must satisfy federal, state, provincial and local legal requirements of the job.
- Team Working
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Selling Techniques