BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
As a Payments Advisor II, you will be responsible for driving growth for the Cash Management line of business through selectively and strategically identifying, analyzing, positioning and selling SVBs platform for US and international cash management solutions. You will collaborate closely with external and internal stakeholders to architect scalable payments solutions for clients and prospective clients with a heavy focus on SVBs ACH, Credit Card and Global Merchant Services solutions. You will work closely with other SVBers to attain your core product penetration and revenue goals and to retain SVB customers by providing unique and relevant insights and becoming their trusted advisor for global treasury management advice.
* Assess customer needs and recommend effective strategies; perform cost benefit and risk analysis; negotiate pricing to optimize profitability of product or service solutions.
* Establish and maintain a high level of client satisfaction across your assigned portfolio.
* Be recognized as trusted advisor in Payments products and services, including having your finger on the pulse of emerging technologies.
* Sell the full suite of domestic and international treasury management products and services including ACH, credit cards, merchant card acceptance and international solutions.
* Develop sales strategies to meet sales goals and product penetration goals.
* Review client portfolios to determine gaps in cash management products or opportunities to expand existing relationships.
* Partner with Relationship Managers in Commercial Bank to achieve cross sell goals.
* Provide thought leadership to clients and colleagues for product features, enhancements and global treasury industry trends.
* Maintain up to date and detailed knowledge of treasury management sales programs, products and services, as well as applicable compliance requirements.
* Serve as the subject matter expert for treasury management products and services, delivers internal treasury management presentations, and actively participates in sales meetings, joint call planning and prospect development, in partnership with deal teams assigned.
* Partner with commercial lenders and branch calling officers in pre-proposal discussions to fully understand client needs and shape preferred solutions.
* Actively participate in joint client and prospect calls and presentations with commercial lenders and branch sales officers to further business development and sales efforts; leads treasury management discussions with clients and prospects, identifying and assessing client needs and challenges and communicating features/benefits of Bank programs, treasury management products and services.
* Prepare contracts and implementation documentation, in accordance with all account opening, account ownership verification and treasury management services set-up processes; reviews and checks documents for completeness, accuracy and conformance with applicable rules/regulations and procedural requirements. • Directly responsible for managing and retention of client's operating business by ensuring client satisfaction. • Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers.
* Ability to assess customer needs and understand customer requirements, translating into sales deliverables across a wide array of treasury management products and technologies.
* Proven ability to develop and maintain open, professional, positive and productive relationships; demonstrate cooperative behavior with management, business partners, customers and co-workers, and work effectively as a team member.
* Strong functional and technical knowledge of existing and developing treasury management services, documentation and internet technologies.
* Strong working knowledge of all products, services and programs; with demonstrated sales and business development skills.
* Strong ability to maintain and manage personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and/or customer, with the ability to provide information, data, advice and solutions, as well as gain trust and respect.
* Excellent listening, verbal, written and business communication skills, delivered in person, via phone or email, including effective questioning strategies, negotiations skills, presentation techniques and training delivery skills; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
* Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively multitask, complete assignments and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
* Ability to work independently, under limited direction/supervision, exercising independent judgment, referencing available resources, and demonstrating a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Unquestionable integrity and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive
* and confidential information required.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge and ensures compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
* Advanced PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe), with the ability to adapt to learn and support new products and technologies.
* Strong understanding of treasury products including more complex offerings such as Payments, Integrated Receivables (lockbox), Commercial Card, Merchant Services
* Experience managing relationship pricing and deal flow
* History of meeting and exceeding deposit and revenue goals and the ability to call independently
* Knowledge of cash management products
* Expert business to business sales and new business development skills
* Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
* 3 or more years of related experience in global treasury management products and sales. Strong aptitude for payments solutions.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
© 2022 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK (Company Number 12546585). Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Firm Reference Number 543146). Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Business Communication
- Business Development