The General is seeking a Sr. Product Manager to join our company.
Who we are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Product Team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing business and pricing strategies to drive profitable growth for our auto insurance products as well as meeting our customers’ needs. The Product Manager owns the growth and profitability within their assigned states. You will analyze & evaluate the overall performance of the auto products in your assigned states and make recommendations for product related changes as required to maintain state profitability and volume levels.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Creates and executes the strategic vision to deliver profitable growth for assigned markets.
- Researches the non-standard auto marketplace to gain advanced knowledge of the competition in order to design strategies to compete within the market.
- Organizes the research, analysis, filing, programming and delivery of product related changes to the market.
- Partners with the Marketing & Sales departments in the development of promotional and marketing strategies of assigned state to ensure that they are directed to the targeted consumer group and partner agencies.
- Works with the functional support departments as needed to establish standards regarding policy services, data processing, pricing and budget analysis, sales support and claims service.
- Analyzes the growth and profitability of assigned states.
- Reports to senior management periodically on actual growth and profitability versus the budget.
Who You Are
You have demonstrated proficiency as a product manager, product analyst, pricing analyst, or equivalent with personal lines insurance knowledge, preferably with non-standard product. You have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and competitor analysis tools. You understand the competitive environment within assigned states and can use this information in your daily job responsibilities. You exhibit a working knowledge of auto insurance pricing including loss development and trend and how they are applied in the rate making processes. You have proven organization, follow-through, time management and multi-tasking skills. You are experienced in performing market basket comparisons and off-balance analysis. You have the proven ability to research, use and interpret information which requires refining and improving existing methods of analysis and/or developing new ideas.
You bring a Bachelor's degree in a business related field. You have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a product manager with extensive insurance knowledge.
Microsoft Power Point