To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Database Developer
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. • Atlanta, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ICE is seeking a Senior Database Developer to join the ICE Clearing Technology Department in support of the ICE Clear Treasury, Risk Management, and Clearing Operations groups. This is an opportunity work with the Clearing Enterprise Data Management and Reporting solution providing analytical capabilities to business users of our core enterprise Clearing platform. As a Senior Database Developer, you will be responsible for interfacing with business users to understand their data analytic requirements, building views, working closely with reports developers to build reports, preparing documentation, and providing production support. This position will require an individual who can work with minimal supervision on a wide range of projects interfacing with business users, development teams, and management. The ideal candidate has been successful in a lead database developer role, driving work from the concept phase to production deployment.
- Interact with business stakeholders to provide solutions addressing business data analytic requirements
- Work with SQL and other database access tools and methods to provide data to meet business or technical requirements
- Ability to generate, modify and version data object scripts (DDL)
- Become proficient in the data model and data structures to be able to efficiently respond to business queries and requests
- Understand the business processes, how the application supports the business processes and applies this knowledge to best solve problems
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of database schemas and views
- Liaise with Project Management and Business Analysts to manage and prioritize the backlog of requests and communicate delivery plans
- Conduct root cause analysis and resolve production problems and data issues
- Assist in requirements gathering and create system and user documentation
- Work within the defined software development lifecycle, following rigorous change control policies
- Create and maintain up to date documentation of the data model, data flow and field level mappings
- Collaborate with project management in prioritizing projects, with the ability to establish and meet aggressive delivery goals
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in database development for various transactional and/or analytical database systems
- Advanced proficiency with Oracle SQL (e.g. complex views/joins, analytical functions, regular expressions) and PL/SQL (programming /debugging), SQL Performance/Tuning, Oracle Data Pump, external tables framework
- Experience of working with large volumes of data
- Good understanding of Oracle Database Architecture
- Experience with Oracle development tools (TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer…) and Source Control Software (git, hg)
- Advanced knowledge in scripting in Unix/Linux environment
- Solid understanding of relational and dimensional data models
- Experience with financial reporting is a plus
- Experience with business intelligence reporting tools (SQL query, Business Objects), data integration tools (Informatica, etc.), and metadata repository processes and tools
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter with proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies
- Willingness and ability to train and mentor others
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks efficiently in a high-pressure environment
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field, or equivalent experience
LOCATIONGA: Atlanta (New Northside Dr)
FULL TIME / PART TIMEFull timeIntercontinental ExchangeICE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.