You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
At East Tennessee Children's Hospital, care is at the CORE of who we are. We are comprised of care team members who live out our core values of Compassion, Ownership, Respect, and Excellence. We support each other by fostering a culture of team engagement that creates moments that matter - every interaction, every time.
- Compassion - We imagine what others are going through, work to alleviate suffering, and create joy whenever possible.
- Ownership - We take pride in our work, act with integrity, and feel personal responsibility for achieving our mission.
- Respect - We listen, understand, and communicate openly and politely. We recognize our diverse strengths.
- Excellence - We set high standards for performance in delivering the safest patient care. We give extraordinary and meaningful experiences to our patients, their families, team members, and the community we serve.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Maintains Security for the hospital and all hospital owned property adjacent to the main facility.
- High School/GED Required
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year as security or law enforcement officer is preferred
Required Licenses/Certifications for position
- Valid State of Tennessee Armed Security Guard/Officer License OR valid P.O.S.T. certification if current or previous full-time Law Enforcement Officer.
- Valid Tennessee Driver's License
- Qualified to obtain Special Deputy Bond through the Knox County Sherriff's office.
- Must obtain Basic Certification for the Healthcare Security Officer through the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS), as well as, certification in Incident Command (IS 100 & 200) and National Preparedness (IS 800) through NIMS (National Incident Management System) within one year of employment.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Excellent oral and written communication, mediation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, work with minimal supervision, takes initiative and accepts responsibility.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and Outlook.
- Minimum Education
- Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Heavy lifting, pushing and pulling is required up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20-30 lbs frequently and 10 lbs constantly to move objects of up to 150 lbs. Sudden emergency situations have the potential for exposure to lifting or moving of up to 150 lbs. Frequent bending, walking, sitting, squatting, reaching and standing are required. Keyboard/computer use and/or repetitive motions may be required.
- Computer Keyboards
- Handling And Load Carrying
- Interpersonal Skills
- Law Enforcement
- Medical Emergency
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g4kxdnk
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.