The Sales Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the field based sales team, of 4 to 8 producers (SAMs). The objective of the role is to manage the team to meet or exceed the monthly sales budget and to manage sales efficiency.
If you are located in New York City, Long Island, Westchester County, and Northern New Jersey, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage a consistent and scalable sale process (national sales model) and ensure the SAMs adhere to it.
- Unite a field based sales team and ensure SAMS work together as a positive unit, sharing and implementing best practices.
- Execute territory management and account management plans.
- Represent Optum and/or UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home Plan at client facing meetings as needed.
- Ongoing training on sales techniques, product, and administrative functions.
- Develop and implement creative lead generation strategies and closing techniques.
- Train and coach to effective utilization of a CRM.
- Ensure compliance with CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines, company and departmental policies.
- Develop and implement account management strategies.
- Utilizing all tools and marketing materials to enhance closing ratios.
- URL blocked - click to apply
- Seek opportunities to network with colleagues, share experiences, willingness to provide direct support, solicit feedback and exchange ideas.
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals, objectives and reviews with supervisor.
- Practices UnitedHealth Groups Mission, Vision and Values.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but equivalent work experience considered
- Ability to work a variety of hours, early morning, evenings and weekends, as required by various sales activities.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, appropriate state licensure within 90 days of hire date.
- Experience (minimum of 1 year) managing a field based sales organization with a minimum of 4 direct reports.
- Experience in a Fortune 100 company preferred but not required.
- Extensive experience using a CRM (salesforce.com, Siebel, etc.) to manage performance
- Lead management software knowledge and preview experience
- In depth understanding of sales practices in a direct to consumer setting
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Use of technology to improve efficiency
- Territory planning and management skills
- Presentation skills
- Formal sales training (Xerox, Spin Selling, Miller Heiman, etc.)
- Experience in a Fortune 100 company preferred but not required
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training