Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care. Our staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row.
The Medical Assistant / Administrative Professional, under the direction of supervisor and/or physician, assists with the normal day-to-day tasks associated with a specialty practice.
This position is part-time.
- Performs multi-tasks normally associated with a small physician specialty practice.
- Assists in registration, examination, treatment, check-out, and reappointment of patients under the direction of the physician and team leader.
- Receives and interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information in patients' medical records. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Requests medications, lab tests, diagnostic tests, and specialty referrals upon the physician’s orders.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a physician-driven medical practice.
- Serves as the Medical Record Practitioner for the satellite clinic - is knowledgeable of HIPAA, and ensures proper maintenance, security, storage and destruction of patient medical records.
- Answers the phone, forwards the calls to the appropriate person, or takes messages.
- Greets all patients and visitors and directs them to their appropriate destination.
- Creates memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested.
- Maintains the billing information for all in-center and transient patients. Verifies patient insurance and obtains pre-authorization when required.
- Keys daily flow sheets, generates reports, balances charges, and checks entries for accuracy.