To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Systems Engineer, Entry level
LMI • Huntsville, AL
Posted 11 days ago
This position is on the staff of a government consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA. The systems engineer will evaluate technical requirements for systems that support logistics processes, analyze logistics processes and information systems, identify opportunities for improvement, and help develop policies and procedures. Serves as a Systems Engineer (SE) managing technical aspects of various projects on the GCSS-Army INC 2 development, integration, testing, verification and validation of capabilities. Position is on-site in the Huntsville/Redstone Arsenal, AL area.Responsibilities
• Manage, analyze, document, and track project cost, schedule, performance, and risks.
• Develop project management products, such as resource-loaded Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) with critical path analysis.
• Provide overall direction and coordination of a multi-disciplined, functional Integrated Product Team (IPT), consisting of Government and Contractor personnel.
• Management of multiple projects concurrently while working independently with little supervision.
• Use engineering technical knowledge and experience to make sound engineering design decisions.
• Prepare and/or brief presentations, training materials, white papers, etc.
• Provide technical input into the development of documentation, as well as the technical review of CDRLs.
• Assess technologies that support supply chain operations, identify opportunities for enhancement, and help devise solutions
• Analyze the technical capabilities of communications and information systems used for logistics
• Extract data from logistics systems
• Identify performance problems
• Design and execute basic data queries
• Correct erroneous data
• Help develop solutions to prevent future problems
• Performing studies and analyses and generating technical documentation of the results
• Creating and presenting briefings to communicate findings and recommendations
• Entry level position requiring 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to manage complex development and engineering projects, and work effectively with others
• Ability to identify, develop, and maintain stakeholder requirements
• Experience with verification and validation planning and execution
• Familiarity with computer networking architecture, configuration, and implementation
• Ability to work independently
• Travel required
• Bachelor’s Degree in systems engineering, information systems, or related field preferred.
• Secret Security Clearance