Responsible for the supervision and coordination of the activities of workers engaged in the production of quality bread and bun products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review work schedules and production schedules for optimum results.
- Coach, counsel, train and develop employee skills.
- Lead and motivate employees to maximize productivity and minimize operating costs.
- Ensure that products are produced at an acceptable quality level.
- Drive department compliance with established safety, GMP, and QCP training and ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and all regulatory agencies.
- Participate in and lead LEAN manufacturing activities as needed.
- Conduct routine safety and sanitation inspections to promote employee safety and good housekeeping.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan, Social Sustainability and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- High school diploma or GED, Associates Degree in Business or in other related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience in production, preferably in the food industry or Manufacturing experience required.
- AIB certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of computers, including MS office applications. KRONOS knowledge a plus.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train employees within a team oriented environment.
- Must be self-directed and able to work without close supervision - position requires high energy and motivation and a strong desire to drive positive change.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Occupational Safety And Health
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: req12203
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
A leader in the baking industry, we are known for our category-leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. Our team of more than 27,000 U.S. associates operate bakeries across the United States to bring leading brands such as Arnold®, BallPark®, Bimbo®, Boboli®, Brownberry®, Entenmann's®, Francisco®, Freihofer's®, Marinela®, Oroweat®, Sara Lee®, Stroehmann®, Thomas'®, Mrs Baird’s ® and Tia Rosa® to customers and consumers in every city, town and village in America.
View the full profile
As bakers, every morning we rise to meet the opportunity to bake the freshest, highest-quality products, serve our customers and learn from one another. You can see our work, across America, every day. It is at breakfast tables, in children’s lunch boxes, and in kitchens at night, where families come together to share their evening. Our work is baked into life, every meal, every day.
It is because of our people that we have winning brands and exceptional products. We want you to bring your dedication and enthusiasm to work at Bimbo Bakeries USA!