Working with the Environmental Services Group, this position offers good variety of work and will see you involved in:
What you will bring to the team:
- Delivery and accountability for technical assignments and support for a variety of environmental services projects
- Investigation and report writing
- Preparation of proposals and bids for projects
- Oversees client management and business development, including preparation of proposals, statements of qualifications, and overall business development with clients throughout the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Mentor, develop and supervise staff, providing leadership and continued growth of staff - Prepares and manages CEQA documents, including MNDs and EIRs, for a variety of infrastructure, utility, water resource, and land development projects.
- Prepares and manages environmental reviews following the Caltrans Local Assistance Procedures Manual, as well as NEPA documents, including EAs and EISs, for other Federal agencies and Federally funded projects.
- Manages resource agency permit applications with the U.S. Army Corps, Regional Water Board, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and other agencies
- Peer reviews CEQA and NEPA documentation as part of Quality Assurance/Quality Control process. - Understands and determines the applicability of relevant local, state and federal government regulations on an individual project basis.
- Interfaces with internal and external clients, including attending proposal interviews, public meetings, scoping meetings, and agency coordination meetings
- Proven experience in delivering environmental planning projects and good understanding of industry standards
- Your experience in compiling scoping briefs of technical specifications
- Your experience of providing technical recommendations for bids as well as writing and crafting proposals for projects
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
Our commitment to you
- B.S./B.A. degree in Environmental Studies, Biology, Geography, Natural Resources, or other related field
- Minimum of 15 years experience providing most or all of the essential duties and responsibilities noted above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Internet research applications
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?About GHDAs one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the apply link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.