To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mansfield, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AK Steel • Mansfield, OH
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AK Steel’s Mansfield, OH operation has an immediate need for an SAFETY ENGINEER to join our team. The SAFETY ENGINEER, under the guidance of the Occupational Safety & Health Manager, will develop and ensure plant safety and health training under OSHA guidelines, as well as assisting with the enforcement of safety rules plant-wide. This position will be responsible for maintaining training records and generate reports and statistics to continually improve the safety and health plan at the Mansfield Works. control over the Shift Managers and their crews, improve processes, and monitor safety practices within the department. The ideal candidate must have excellent leadership and communication skills. Our facility is the leading producer of specialty flat rolled stainless steels.
- Act as coach and mentor to line managers and supervisors in the area of safety leadership and assist in executing safety responsibilities.
- Sustain existing management systems to ensure the effective execution of the safety and health plan.
- Drive injury and fatality prevention and hazard assessment efforts and activities.
- Provide technical expertise in new equipment/facilities development by actively participating in project safety and health reviews, audits, and internal self assessments.
- Utilize and instruct others in the AKI Steel safety and health program, protocols and criteria, by conducting safety audits and departmental safety observations.
- Provide technical expertise and participate in injury/incident investigations to assist in identifying root cause analysis and provide recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Maintain technical expertise and provide counsel to management on applicable local, State, Federal, and Corporate health and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Safety Management/Safety Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 years experience in Safety related field
- Working knowledge and understanding of OSHA guidelines and regulations in the steel industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Written and Verbal communication skills required.
- Challenging work.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Bonus program.
- Tuition reimbursement.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.