Position Title: Territory Support Specialist
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Work Days: Monday through Friday
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Join our team and have a successful growing career with Health Care Logistics!
We have a casual and fun work environment with the necessary tools and resources to help you build success and growth within the company. Customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do! Excellent work life balance - never take work home with you!
Our benefits are incredible! We offer a benefits package that includes:
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Full time benefits 1st of the month after 60 days of employment, including the following:
- Medical Insurance: We offer two medical plan options with low deductibles. Save even more on your premiums by qualifying for our wellness rates!
- Dental Insurance
- VSP Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off – 7 vacation days and 8 personal days starting at your first full year of service (Prorated hours are given after 1st of the month after 60 days of employment)
- 401(k) Retirement including 4% company match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance available for you, your spouse and your children
- Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurances
- Extensive Bereavement Leave Policy
- Employee Assistance Programs
CAREER PROGRESSION PROGRAM
Health Care Logistics has a Career Progression Program where Territory Support Specialists can develop themselves to be promoted into higher responsibility positions.
The Territory Support Specialist shall be responsible for supporting assigned sales territories. The Territory Support Specialist supports the assigned territories to call on customers, prospects and leads in their specialized market to grow the customer base, while selling products to these customers. The Territory Support Specialist is also responsible for receiving, processing and recording customer’s orders, while interacting with company team members who support the ordering, delivery and billing process.
- Responsible to take inbound calls and make outbound calls related to market product sales, current orders or quotes and find solutions for customers in assigned territories
- Supports Account Managers when they are out of the office. (i.e. email, voice mail, etc.)
- Execute follow-up of leads, samples, orders and backorders. Supports Account Manager and assigned territory by growing contacts in other departments. Trade show and/or customer visits are possible but not required.
- Receives customer calls, faxes and emails and provides quotes and/or information about products & services, processes concerns/problems, and enters orders using company software & generates reports as needed
- Opens accounts for customers by creating new records in database, along with maintaining the integrity of our customer database. (i.e. account, ship to and contact clean-up)
- Tracks the disposition of customer deliveries
- Records special dispositions and notes related to customer’s situation
- Cross sells and up-sells to all customers
- Provides the customers with the opportunity to receive a sample promotional product or evaluation order and follow-up in a timely manner to close sale
- Troubleshoots work-related problems by sharing new ideas with other team members and supervisors and takes ownership of departmental success
- Refers customer requests for refunds, exchanges and adjustments to their accounts to Returns Department
- Provides customer with estimate of shipping costs when requested
- Introduces/discusses our top product lines to every customer
- Attends new and existing computer, customer process training, products training and team meetings
- Trains new employees in processing customer accounts
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following ergonomic guidelines
- Actively contribute to maintaining a strong team and spirit and positive work environment
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Sales skills in a consultative selling or equivalent environment is preferred
- Possess foundational skill levels of reading for information, applied mathematics, locating information
- Possesses finger dexterity/spelling skills necessary to perform data entry at acceptable productive rate
- Maintains a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively with company staff and customers
- Possesses strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work independently and manage work tasks effectively, as well as working effectively with teammate(s)
- Maintain satisfactory or better attendance and punctuality
- Thorough knowledge of Windows, order processing and internet software
- Maintains a consistent high level of inbound and outbound calls
- Inbound & outbound phone work: Requires ability to continually sit with frequent preferred hand and other hand use and finger dexterity. Rare frequency to alternate sitting and standing; twisting; bending; kneeling and squatting. Continuous ability for near/far vision and hearing.
- Trade Shows: Frequent Standing/walking with occasional preferred and other hand use, as well as, preferred and other arm reach; occasional need to kneel/squat. Continuous ability for near/far vision and hearing.
- Applied Mathematics
- Consultative Selling
- Data Entry