The Perinatal Behavioral Health Specialist will provide behavioral health screening and appropriate response including behavioral health interventions to pregnant and post partum patients; will collaborate with all involved teams and support services to ensure that patient and family needs are met; will identify and prioritize clinical and psychosocial goals; will problem solve to ensure follow through on needed responses by multidisciplinary team; will ensure optimal outpatient coordination, and excellent collaboration between teams and partner organizations with a focus on patient experience and outcomes. The Perinatal Behavioral Health Specialist will also provide support and guidance to partner organizations.
Master's Degree Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or similar discipline. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
2 years Experience in a behavioral health setting with care coordination with diverse patient populations preferably within Maternal Mental Health (Required)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work with diverse patients and groups
Excellent problem solving skills to support diverse program and patient needs
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Detail oriented and able to work independently in a fast paced, collaborative environment
Required Licenses and Certifications
LICSW, Psychologist, LPC or comparable behavioral health License. Upon Hire (Required) Certificate in maternal mental health (Preferred)
* Identify patients in need of behavioral health support and/or interventions in a systematic manner.
* Be up to date with staff education regarding behavioral health screening, appropriate behavioral health response, coordination of care, culturally sensitive care, compassion fatigue and other relevant topics.
* Identify and implement best practices for responding to perinatal behavioral health concerns.
Exemplary Professional Practice
* Complete documentation of all relevant conversations, meetings and referrals.
* Actively communicate with team members and escalate any family concerns or needs to the appropriate person or service.
* Actively participate in team meetings.
* Updates team members as frequently as needed to ensure consistent communication to patients.
* Act as liaison among clinical services and between clinical services (primary care, psychiatry etc.) and support services (social services etc.)
New Knowledge, Innovations and Improvements
* Support research of best practices for screening and response for maternal mental health concerns.
* Provide regular feedback to the program team on screening and response practices.
* Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
* Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
* Partner with all team members to achieve goals
* Receptive to others' ideas and opinions
* Contribute to a positive work environment
* Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
* Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
* Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
* Use resources efficiently
* Search for less costly ways of doing things
* Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
* Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
* Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
* Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
* Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
* Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Attention To Detail
- Behavioral Medicine
- Care Coordination
- Clinical Works