The position is responsible the for the plant adherence to both the ISO 9001 quality system and the ISO 14001 environmental system. The position reports and suggests continuous improvement activities and system discrepancies to either QA Manager for ISO 9001 or EHS Managers for ISO 14001.
• All document control within the plant
• Scheduling and coordinating internal audits
• Examine special order requests and communicates those requests to QA Engineer or QA Tech as needed. In addition collects data for some tests and forwards data to shipping department
• Maintain quality records per ISO standards
• Maintain ECO’s and deviations database and assist corporate engineering as needed
• Collect and present data in a consistent and orderly manner
• Help to institute, revise, and update plant documents as necessary
• Work with QA Engineer, QA Techs, and Lab Tech as needed to complete work assignments or projects
• Work on other assignments that may be made by QA Manager or EHS Managers
• Regular attendance and timeliness is required in order to give sufficient support to the department as well as the plant-wide team
• While performing the duties of this job the individual is occasionally required to vary their scheduled times and shifts
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Certifications:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• High energy, self-motivated, ability to be successful without direct supervision
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to give and share information to/with co-workers, customers and production management in order to achieve optimum plant performance
• A minimum of 3 years experience in industrial manufacturing environment with ISO systems or related areas of responsibility
• Experience working in a union manufacturing plant and / or in a battery or charger manufacturing facility is a plus
Certificates and Licenses:
None required but preferences given for an ISO lead auditor certification. Applicant must be able to attain ISO lead auditor certification, if not already certified.
Other Categories as Required:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• Individual is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Ability to occasionally lift a minimum 25lbs and 26 to 150lbs with assistance of equipment. Regular use of safety glasses and steel toed shoes.
• Limited use of respirator.
• Vision requirements: close vision.
• While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. Individual occasionally exposed to precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. Noise level is minimal to loud
• Regularly is working in a lead contaminated area and must wear a uniform and safety shoes in that area to prevent the tracking and / or possible lead contamination of other clean areas or outside or the regulated areas
• May require some travel in North America
Stryten Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Stryten Manufacturing, 2020082500593, is a leading provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the Transportation and Industrial markets. Headquartered in Milton, Georgia, the company operates transportation plants in Salina, Kansas, Manchester, Iowa and industrial facilities in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, Kansas City, Kansas, and Charlottesville, Virginia. Its manufacturing plants are located Kansas City, Missouri, and Lampeter, Pennsylvania. These locations produce a comprehensive portfolio of battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for the Transportation, Network Power and Motive Power markets. Also served are industries such as agricultural, automotive, heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others.
Document Management Systems
Product Quality Assurance
Iso 14000 Standard