Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Business Partner teams in providing comprehensive HR services to managers and employees. This role is responsible for providing support and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of the Human Resources department.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter employee data (requisitions, changes, terminations, etc.) in Workday with a very high level of accuracy.
- Develop and prepare a variety of HRIS reports, which may include HR KPI's, compensation, turnover, new hire, and termination reports among others; also responsible for providing analysis and recommendations depending on findings.
- Manage job description filing and storage system and ensure ongoing consistent practices as they relate to job description formatting.
- Assist in the administration of Leave of Absence documents and information to employees, including but not limited to, FMLA, ADA, and Short-Term Disability.
- In conjunction with managers and Talent Acquisition Assistant, support the coordination of temporary resource requests by managers.
- Administer Tuition Reimbursement program for HPC and CSS employees.
- Conduct exit interviews for terminating intern, non-exempt and LTE-level employees and coordinate exit process for all terminating employees; this also includes running analytics regarding exit trends.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations as necessary for various HR trainings, information sessions, etc.
- Support the Merit/Bonus process administration.
- Coordinate selection process for training programs and develop communication materials.
- Responsible for auditing HRIS system data.
- Responsible for developing SOP's.
- Maintain employee files in Onbase.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, emphasis in Human Resource Management preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience in a Human Resources Department required
- Workday or Ceridian Dayforce experience a plus.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Works well independently, yet is cooperative in working with team members.
- Capacity and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: US10995
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Spectrum Brands Holdings, a member of the Russell 1000
View the full profile
Index, is a global consumer products company offering a broad portfolio of
leading brands focused on driving innovation and providing exceptional customer
service. The Company is a leading supplier of residential locksets, residential
builders’ hardware, plumbing, shaving and grooming products, personal care
products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn and garden,
home pest control products, and personal insect repellents. Helping to meet the
needs of consumers worldwide, our Company offers a wide portfolio of
market-leading, well-known and widely trusted brands including Kwikset®,
Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Pfister®, Remington®, George Foreman®,
Russell Hobbs®, Black+Decker®, Tetra®, Marineland®, GloFish®, Nature’s
Miracle®, Dingo®, 8-in-1®, FURminator®, IAMS® and Eukanuba® (Europe only),
DreamBone®, SmartBones®, Digest-eeze™, Healthy-Hide®, Littermaid®,
Spectracide®, Cutter®, Repel®, Hot Shot®, Black Flag® and Liquid Fence®. Based
in Middleton, Wisconsin, Spectrum Brands generated fiscal 2018 net sales of
approximately $3.8 billion.