To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Butler, PA 16003
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Shift Manager Casting
AK Steel • Butler, PA
Posted 2 months ago
AK Steel is looking for a Shift Manager Cast at our Butler, PA operation. The Shift Manager Cast will be responsible for providing work direction while ensuring that safety, environmental safety and quality, product quality, and productivity are the focus for all Cast department union employees. The Shift Manager is also the point of contact for all matters regarding the processing of materials through the Cast department.
- Supervise, schedule, and provide work direction for hourly union employees that operate two dual-strand continuous casters.
- Participate and implement the safety program’s goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings and audits.
- Adhere to the quality policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes and services.
- Attain results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities.
- Assist in the resolution of equipment and processing issues through root-cause analysis and develop corrective actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership experience and skills with the ability to provide direction to others
- Exceptional analytical skills for problem solving as well as excellent communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness and ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline
- Direct experience with steelmaking, melting, refining or casting steel (carbon, stainless and electrical steels)
- Supervisory experience in a union environment
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work
- Excellent benefits
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.