To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Clara, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Environment, Health, Safety & Security Manager
Cardinal Health • Santa Clara, CA
Posted 4 days ago
What EH&S contributes to Cardinal Health
EH&S is responsible for designing, developing and implementing EH&S procedures, programs, processes, and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements and to eliminate or minimize EH&S risks to the Company, its employees, the environment and the communities in which it does business.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge, understanding and application of environment, health and safety and workers' compensation laws and regulations and translates them into actionable processes, programs and practices.
- Drives the understanding and implementation of the Cardinal Health EH&S management system.
- Provides managerial support and subject matter expertise that ensures appropriate EH&S systems and resources are in place.
- Designs, develops and implements procedures, programs, processes and systems that ensure EH&S compliance, and enhance EH&S performance.
- Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge in the area of hazard recognition, evaluation and control.
- Drives execution of tactical and strategic initiatives in order to eliminate hazards and reduce or eliminate the associated risks.
The Cardinal Health Global Security team is responsible for providing measures to safeguard Cardinal Health assets from circumstances that would cause loss or harm. These risk mitigation measures include applying security concepts, developing and implementing security policies and procedures, and conducting security audits and investigations.
The Cardinal Health Global EHS and Security vision is to partner with our businesses and functions to proactively mitigate EHS and security-related risk across the enterprise.
- Assists with implementation of the global EHS & security strategy to mitigate risk to people, property, community, information and brand.
- Partners with operation leaders to develop and execute site-specific EHS annual plans.
- Leads in the management of operation-specific EHS and security hazard assessments and the development of risk mitigation plans.
- Partners with operation leaders to ensure compliance with Company Policy and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes key EHS, sustainability and security metrics to assist operations in the construction and execution of continual improvement plans.
- Identifies budgetary needs to address risk reduction and compliance assurance.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance in risk-related matters, including ergonomics, industrial hygiene, safety, environmental, incident investigation, drug free workplace, loss prevention, business resiliency and occupational health processes.
- Conducts sensitive investigations on matters involving unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, vandalism, product tampering, espionage, sabotage and loss.
- Assist management teams in the investigation, notification and case management for occupational injury/illnesses.
- Educates and coaches management teams on their EHS and security roles and responsibilities.
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 7+ years experience in related field, preferred
- EHS and/or security experience in healthcare industry, preferred
- Strong understanding and experience in EHS Management Systems and their successful implementation
- Must have strong substantive knowledge of regulations and guidance promulgated by Federal and State OSHA and EPA, as well as workers’ compensation requirements
- Strong technical ability to work, collaborate and negotiate with government officials, consultants, and other third-party stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 30%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.