At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at URL blocked - click to apply.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
The Operations Manager is responsible for planning, directing and managing a manufacturing value stream from printing through finishing of approximately $100M or more in sales to achieve operating goals and objectives consistent with plant and division objectives. The Operations Manager directs the safe manufacture of products through the value stream at the lowest cost consistent with established specifications, quality, quantity and delivery.
Key Position Responsibilities: include but are not limited to the following:
Strategic Initiatives – EBITDA and Cash Targets
- Improve productivity and decrease waste through the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and projects.
- Increase labor efficiency and utilization, including staffing and overtime
- Optimize inventory turns and reduce aged board inventory to meet cash targets
Growth Initiatives – Annual revenue
- Execute Voice of Customer initiatives at the facility level
- Achieve on-time delivery targets
- Drive successful onboarding of new and transfer business
- Ensure that customer specifications are consistently met or exceeded
- Meet or exceed standards for environmental, safety, working conditions and cleanliness through daily oversight and direction of management team
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to continually improve quality and reduce customer complaints
- Direct management team to ensure productivity targets are monitored and achieved across all facility assets
- Ensure the value stream assets are appropriately maintained through planning and implementation of maintenance programs and procedures, including preventative maintenance and reliability programs.
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume
- Manage value stream maintenance budget within parameters
- Provide support and coordination on facility capital projects
- Drive and implement high performance management practices, including Lean Sigma, daily management processes and other related programs.
- Partner with HR function to hire, train and evaluate team members. Assess performance and take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local employment regulations.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities through annual goal planning and performance reviews.
- Develop talent through assignments, job rotations, promotions to build bench strength and succession planning
- Drive and support high performance culture employee involvement initiatives and practices. Build and maintain a productive and engaged relationship with hourly associates.
- Ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Technical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvement teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate vision/mission
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to motivate people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet skills
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability and desire to relocate within 3-5 years is a requirement for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Degree a plus
- 5 - 7 years of operational management experience in the packaging industry
- Proven leadership ability in manufacturing sites
- Strong business acumen and operations – based financial analysis skills
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Supply Chain Management