Position at ITW Construction North America
provides timely information to enable manufacturing operations and innovation R&D to meet corporate requirements and guide effective business decisions in order to deliver profitable growth. The primary responsibilities include monthly journal entries and accountant reconciliations, analysis of business performance vs outlook and plan, ensuring compliance with financial policies, inventory analysis, as well as special projects and ad hoc requests. You will also help key divisional leadership make informed business decisions, both strategic and tactical. This position reports to the Financial Controller
ITW Construction provides a variety of fastening systems and truss products for the commercial, residential, and remodeling/renovation segments. With products manufactured at locations around the globe serving markets in North America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
The Global Tool Unit (GTU) is a part of ITW’s Construction Segment. The GTU innovates, develops, and manufactures best-in-class Power Fastening Systems for the global construction market. Our highly differentiated tools are specified to be used in a variety of applications including wood framing, wood trim, and steel to concrete installations.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Provides financial support to the operations and innovation teams, including cost trends, cost improvement opportunities, and profitability analysis of products, suppliers, programs and special projects
- Maintains adequate internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financials
- Completes month end journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts, analyzes variances, and complete bridge schedules and spending analyses
- Works with cross-functional teams to develop and proactively improve KPIs
- Partner with sourcing team to understand and facilitate cost savings initiatives and impact of external pressures
- Acts as financial lead for Outlooking process
- Assist with Annual Operating Plan and Long Range Plan financial modeling
- Standardize and streamline processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Partner with capex owners to ensure payback and ROI are accurately predicted and achieved post-project execution
- Enforce governance, control and compliance of company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA required; CPA preferred
- 2+ years accounting / audit experience; emphasis on manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of financial statements and working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Excellent analytical skills, including the capability to form key, succinct, and actionable insights and recommendations from raw data
- Ability to move multiple tasks forward and complete deadlines under pressure
- Self-directed with high orientation to teamwork
- History and attitude of taking a high degree of ownership for financial processes and accuracy
- Must have working knowledge of ERP systems and Advanced Microsoft Office software skills. Navision experience a plus
- Occasional travel required
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click URL blocked - click to apply for information on how to contact us directly.