Sr. Java Developer (Microservices)Location:
6+ months with a probable extensionJOB DESCRIPTION:
Client is seeking a Senior Java Developer with a strong hands-on development track record in building integrations utilizing a variety of integration products, tools, protocols, technologies and patterns. The ideal candidate has expert knowledge with a track record of solution delivery using various data integration solutions in situations requiring real time (synchronous and asynchronous) messaging, Publish/Subscribe models, RESTful API, Micro Services patterns, Middleware, and other related methodologies in a multi-user, multi-platform, multi-tier environment. Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Collaborates with Business Analysts and stakeholders to evaluate and understand business concepts and processes.
- Participates in large-group, coordinated planning sessions, provides effort estimates and timeline commitments
- Refines and grooms the product backlog and user stories.
- Designs Technical/Integration Architecture that services both user and overall business goals.
- Ensures code quality and writes well-documented easy-to-understand code.
- Tests and builds automation for the interoperability of application components under development, across multiple platforms, and in coordination with other product development teams
- Works with other developers to ensure teams are meeting the objectives of the business while adhering to technical and architectural standards and practices.
- Collaborates with Architecture, QA and Infrastructure teams to design and implement the solutions.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems related to system functions, environment, and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of current technologies, research emerging technologies and industry trends, and make recommendations on implementation.
- Deliver high quality assignments on time, within budget.
- Hands-on development experience in Java / JEE and Spring MVC / Spring Boot
- Significant understanding of Microservice patterns & concepts & its application in problem solving
- Understanding of cloud solutions and architectures on one or more cloud providers - Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platforms
- Experience with containerization (e.g., Docker) and Container Management software (Kubernetes)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies
- Advanced skills implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST) using any of the market leading API Management tools such as Apigee and frameworks
- Ability to work with Postgres / SQL Server databases. Experience with writing and debugging complex SQL queries.
- Ability to decompose legacy applications into microservices.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot problems and effectively communicate with business and technical team members at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) based development
- Extensive experience in query and database access tools, relational databases, technical troubleshooting, database design, data warehousing, application testing, system testing, implementation, and application development tools.
- Must be a self-starter and can operate independently with minimal supervision as well as work closely with our team and very comfortable with working alongside senior leader in the group.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent and proven collaboration skills
- Demonstrated financial and operational integrity.
- Understanding of the Project Delivery Framework and SDLC
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile Project Management Methodology
- Mapping capabilities (systems, processes, etc.) to requirements to ensure that department/project needs/goals are met.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS:Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Strong analytical skills and detail oriented; Ability to multitask a must – ex. Being on top of many things at one time.
Excellent problem solving skills; Professionally assertive and collegial
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, PowerPoint), and at least an understanding of financial applications.
Stable career history - Strong willingness and desire to perform in a fast paced environment!
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at URL blocked - click to apply
Scrum (Software Development)
Systems Development Life Cycle