Our client, located near Park Ridge, NJ is adding a Senior Tax Manager to the team.
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Supervise staff in preparing Forms 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120s, 1041, 990 and multiple state and local income tax returns.
- Schedule and review staff work, manage federal and state income tax audits and notices.
- Supervise technical termination for partnership and dissolutions for corporations.
- Identify and implement tax planning opportunities and serve clients' specific needs and identify value-added solutions for clients.
- Help with recruitment activities and interviews as well as build existing and new client relationships.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelors in Accounting (Masters in Tax is a plus).
- CPA Certification.
- Minimum of 10 years of public accounting experience and minimum of 5 years in management.
- Must have exposure to a wide range of industries with experience in tax planning, consulting, research and compliance review.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Lacerte as well as other tax software programs.
This is an excellent direct-hire, permanent role with the opportunity to grow in a Partnership with the company.
Required Education and Experience:
Client management a must as this position will require managing a book of new and existing clients front to back
Bachelor's degree in accounting, advanced degree preferred
CPA certification required
Minimum recent 8 years tax position in public accounting
Candidate must posses advanced computer skills
Knowledge of accounting and tax software
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles