The Field Administrator supports the Construction and Maintenance departments at FirstKey Homes. This role will coordinate with Accounts Payable on all construction and maintenance-related invoices to ensure vendors receive payment in a timely fashion. The Field Administration will also ensure all work orders meet FirstKey Homes standards.
- Review expenses for competitive pricing, variance to budget, and identifying duplicate invoices for the Field Operations teams.
- Assist with scheduling to ensure maximum productivity with the Field Operations team.
- Complete and submit changes to work orders.
- Respond to all incoming service requests and handling with appropriate follow-up.
- Input data in Yardi for all work orders taken over the phone.
- Schedule maintenance technicians or vendors to specific jobs.
- Notify tenants when a technician is scheduled to be at the home and follow up with tenants within 48 hours of work completion to ensure the matter has been resolved satisfactorily.
- Follow-up with local service vendors on progression completion and work orders.
- Follow-up with technicians on any concerns with the condition of the interior of the home or any pets not on the lease.
- Maintain all field operations policies and procedures, including response time by vendors and follow up with tenants.
- Update work order cycle in Yardi: initiate, schedule, and complete status.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- Minimum 1-year experience in an administrative or similar role
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- General knowledge of reading, writing, and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
- Experience working in property management, real estate or similar industry
- Working knowledge of the following: air conditioning, appliances, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, electricity, carpet, vinyl, windows, painting, and drywall
- Proficient in Spanish, both reading and writing
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Customer Service— Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical— Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation— Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Time Management— Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring— Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.
This document is provided by the Company for the benefit of its employees. It is not a contract and does not create a contract of any kind. The Company, at its sole discretion, may modify, suspend or terminate the document at any time, with or without notice. Final interpretation of the document and its provisions is the responsibility of the Human Resources Department.