Secure Power Division is looking for a Project Procurement Leader located in Andover, MA. This position willneed interaction with R&D in Bangalore (IN), Shanghai (CN), Saint-Louis (MO) and Andover (MA).
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
[ Link removed ] people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Lead Procurement strategy execution, since the early phases of the OTM/PMP/PEP process, in all impacting choices for procurement (budget, technological choices, specifications, Design or Buy, Risk analysis),
- Analyze the needs and select the suppliers of components, sub-assemblies or finished good products in consistency with the global category strategy (Total Cost of Ownership, Innovation, Avoid single sourcing and potential EOL, Promote standardization),
- Push co-development with suppliers and early supplier involvement. Bring supplier market view and innovations to projects & offer management,
- Manage the supplier relationship all along the project (communication, contracting, negotiation, qualification follow-up) and put under control supplier risks identified,
- Monitor and ensure competitive material cost to meet product target cost (design/redesign to cost, should-cost and make or buy analysis…),
- Lead on purchasing deliverables to apply on every project and ensure they are done on time according to OCP (Offer Creation Process)/BLMP (Brand Labelling Management Process) guidelines,
- Drive contract negotiation & finalization with suppliers (Intellectual property, costs, logistic & quality conditions, liability),
- Achieve OCP Procurement targets (MLO, SRiM/CSRM, Multisourcing, SOC, Innovations, SAM Green, Partnership).
- Strategy Execution
- Contract Negotiation