The Senior Director of Region Supply Chain Logistics will be responsible for the overall leadership of Shipping, Transportation operations and methodology within the business unit ensuring cost effectiveness, operating efficiency and regulatory compliance. The incumbent will work collectively to identify, develop and assist in implementation of cost savings opportunities/initiatives while maintaining high service, safety and response level to support the US business goals for all brands.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains the Supply Chain transportation services for the business unit including all outbound/inbound modes of transportation maximizing efficiencies.
• Develops and manages the operational budget for all areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for ensuring Federal, State and Local compliance as it relates to driver DOT files, physicals, drug & alcohol testing.
• Ensures the integrity of fleet and sales centers as well as their compliance with Corporate policy and regulatory agencies at the Local, State and Federal levels.
• Responsible for collaborating with the leadership team with a consumer-centric focus through Supply Chain (SC) responsibilities.
• Develops, implements and ensures compliance with Safety Programs for the business unit to minimize incidents and injuries in support of the company’s zero injury goal.
• Ensures that the standards/guidelines for the measurement of Transportation & Distribution area in place and reviews performance against KPIs.
• Provides technical support for all business unit initiatives including routing, cost control, asset management, negotiations for transportation services, etc.
• Provides technical expertise to 3PL Partners in the area of logistics to ensure lowest landed cost.
• Maintains Corporate operating policies and procedures governing the inventory, operation, maintenance, acquisition, and disposal of company vehicles. Assists in the coordination of vehicle specification and purchase/lease vehicles.
• Work collaboratively across all business unit to develop and execute optimal SC processes that will support BBU unique business strategies
• Maintains a high degree of credibility with management and must be able to interact effectively with associates at all levels.
• Responsible for working collaboratively with Manufacturing, Sales, as well as other internal and external sources to design and implement strategies/tactics to reduce total landed cost while developing a more consumer driven network
• Supports future operational planning as part of the broader Sales and Operational Planning Process
• Ensure the success of associates through effective communication, sharing clear goals, expectations, objectives, while providing constructive feedback and encouraging self –development.
• At least 10 years of related experience and knowledge in managing transportation/distribution/fleet operations, including experience with common contract and dedicated carriers as well as warehouse operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
• Experience with 3PL/Distribution Centers a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of DOT and other Regulatory requirements/laws at both the State and Federal level application to transportation/fleet operations is essential.
• Clear understanding of Activity Based Costing and various cost allocation methodologies
• Knowledgeable in Sales and Operations Planning
• Well versed in supply chain best practices and terminology
• Familiar with key elements, data, and item attributes required for various types of supply chain analysis
• Competent in Excel, PowerPoint and optimization software
Strong analytical skills and effective problem-solving ability
• Understanding of Labor Relations.
• Ability to analyze complex beginning to end supply chain opportunities and solutions.
• Ability to travel, visit facilities/sales centers/distribution centers within the business unit.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
This position is a key leadership role which requires the successful candidate to work comfortably across functional lines, engage people at all levels of the organization and articulate ideas that drive the business toward near and long term objectives.
Reasonable accommodation may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Material Requirements Planning
Continuous Improvement Process