Job ID: CHE002023About Us
OUR SHARED PURPOSE: BUILDING LASTING BONDS
The communities we belong to – the bonds we build with the people we care about – are integral to fostering our successes. From the bonds we create with customers to foster loyalty and respect, to the bonds we create with our local community outside of work hours – relationships shape our success. We’re building a better world by building lasting bonds.
Building: We’re doers. Our tools are innovation, experience, and dedication.
Lasting: We’re always there. We embrace an unwavering commitment to the future.
Bonds: We’re your neighbors. We value relationships with our customers and communities.
ChemTreat, Inc. is the nation's largest and fastest growing specialty chemical company dedicated solely to industrial water treatment. We have over 2,000 associates working throughout North and South America. Our entrepreneurial spirit helps drive our company's success and extends into our customers' facilities. We help our customers save millions of dollars every year, enabling us to achieve unparalleled growth in the water treatment industry.Description
Provide technical support to the ChemTreat field sales representatives as needed throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Available for field sales technical assistance and product recommendations as needed. This assistance includes plant surveys, proposal preparation, sales presentations, application testing and customer/prospect entertainment with the involvement of our field sales representatives.
• Working knowledge of polymer chemistry and basic polymer uses and testing procedures.
• Provide expertise to ChemTreat sales representatives in product screening and treatment program selection, the application of chosen treatment programs, and in troubleshooting treatment programs to meet the customer’s cost and performance objectives.
• Travel throughout the continental U.S. on an average of three days/two nights per week.
• Provide field troubleshooting and technical assistance as required. This assistance includes problem solving, sales representative on-site training, operator training, and equipment inspections.
• May be called upon to perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Polymer Support.
• Provide office support function when not traveling. This support includes telephone assistance, proposal and drawing proofreading, bid preparation, etc., as requested by our office clerical staff.
• Assist in field seminars, entertainment outings, and new account startup as directed by the Vice President, Technical Services.
• Provide sales and marketing support for specific industries, such as food/beverage, cogeneration, refinery & petrochemical, textile/printing, commercial & institutional, and others.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Technical and in-depth knowledge in one or more key industries, pretreatment, water and wastewater treatment, odor control and activated sludge treatment.
• Working knowledge of polymer chemistry
• Business knowledge; Communication skills; Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership; Analytical skills; Organizational skills; Self-management; basic computer hardware and software skills.
• Good professional skills. Ability to present treatment recommendation in both oral and written communications.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor of Arts/Sciences or Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, engineering, or related fields.
• Ten years of field experience in water treatment will be considered as an equivalent to a four-year degree.
• Five or more years’ experience with a major water treatment company.
• Good background in one or more key industries involving, water, wastewater clarification, cold lime softening and solids dewatering.
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hand to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Conditions & Environment:
The work environment will be a broad range of industrial sites. Use of personal protective equipment and attention to safe work practices is routine.
Work may be indoors or outdoors, depending on plant site demands. Climbing stairs and ladders will be required.
Travel may be up to 60% of the work environment, including some international destinations.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Equal Opportunity / ADA:
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description reflects the general nature and scope of the position. This is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.