This position in the Company Corporate Development Group is responsible for conducting research and analysis and developing the long term strategic plan and subsequent corporate strategies to position the company for long term sustainable growth. This is a highly visible and impactful role that works closely with all members of the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. Plans, manages and controls the activities of a team or teams of analysts that provides business intelligence and strategic planning support for business segments or the company at large. Leads initiatives to analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret and produce recommendations and plans based on company and external data analysis. Advises business leaders by providing data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities. Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.Primary responsibilities include, the development of the long range strategy, an annual strategic plan, governance of strategy execution, conducting ongoing market and business analysis to support executive and Board decision making, and addressing and communicating specific corporate level strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- Research key market, business, and technology trends
- Develop and communicate points of view on key strategic issues
- Develop competitive frameworks and competitive analysis globally
- Develop competitive points of view and keep updated and communicated; analysis must be fact based and quantitative
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND GOVERNANCE
- Develop, manage and update the annual strategic plan drawing from internal and external research and analysis and working closely with business unit heads and finance
- Manage all aspects of the development and delivery of the strategic plan and of the quarterly updates
- Manage the strategic initiative development process, working closely with the program management office and various business and technical groups. Act as point for the strategy governance team.
- Help the executive team identify, prioritize, and select strategic initiatives
- Conduct internal and external analysis, synthesize LOB-level inputs, develop recommendations for new opportunities to enter new markets, develop new products or shut down/divest projects. Use that may include new business opportunities, information to develop and monitor a comprehensive product roadmap
- Conduct periodic reviews of existing strategies and analyze and provide briefings on strategic questions
- Develop and communicate corporate level strategies regional market entry strategies, and competitive positioning
- Identify key strategic questions and conduct analysis to develop a point of view
- Identify opportunity and/or risk areas that require additional research and develop a strategy to take advantage or mitigate
- Key functions include:
- Manage and direct strategic planning
- Develop and manage the annual Strategic Plan
- Align business planning activities with overall strategy
- Manage organizational alignment with corporate strategy through product and portfolio governance
- Manage the strategy and strategic initiative process to ensure speed, governance and alignment of resources and funding
- Conduct post acquisition/BD/strategic initiative evaluations
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Proven Industry-specific Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Finance
- 15+ years experience in corporate strategy, consulting or technology research
- Majority of work experience either in a B2B company or consulting work for an enterprise company
- Analytical background in either finance, economics, or research
- Must have industry experience that includes high technology, payments or mobility
- Proven strategic leadership skills managing a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated experience developing corporate strategic plans and corporate
- Highly developed analytical skills and oral/written presentation ability, esp. for senior leadership audience.
- Demonstrated experience with global business
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a technology background.
- Must have specific expertise in enterprise payments, ecommerce, or mobile banking.
- Must possess outstanding communications and presentation skills and be able to assemble and direct a matrix team.
- Must be organized and analytical, able to manage multiple activities at the same time, and able to put pen to paper to create and communicate complex information in an understandable way.
- Must have exceptional written and presentation creation skills.
- Must have experience managing consultants and driving analysis to quick and defensible conclusions.
- MBA or Quantitative Masters degree preferred