To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- York, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Fabrication Shop Mechanic-Welder (1 of 3)
Covanta • York, PA
Posted 24 days ago
Covanta is a world leader in sustainable waste management and renewable energy. Covanta's 45 Energy-from-Waste (EfW) facilities provide communities and businesses around the world with an environmentally sound solution to their solid waste disposal needs by using waste to generate clean, renewable energy. Covanta is a listed company under the symbol CVA.
Annually, Covanta's modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely and securely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste into 9 million megawatt hours of clean renewable electricity and almost 9 billion pounds of steam that are sold to a variety of industries. Covanta's facilities also recover 400,000 tons of metal per year for recycling.
To learn more about how Covanta's facilities provide sustainable waste management for the communities it serves, visit www.covanta.com. Information on our facilities is available at http://www.covanta.com/facilities.aspx. For career opportunities, visit http://www.covanta.com/careers. Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The job description for this position shall include the fabrication of refuse boiler pressure parts, associated parts as governed by the BPPI Code as well as associated auxiliary equipment and other maintenance work requiring mechanical skills. This work will be performed during both outage and non-outage periods at Covanta facilities.
- To qualify you must have at least (5) years experience in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Minimum 5 years in power plant operating environment. Formal technical or apprenticeship training is desired.
- Pressure part welding of carbon steel and stainless with previous qualification in all positions to NBIC code specs.
- Must be fluent in reading blue prints, construction drawings and AWS welding symbols.
- Must be capable of performing welding in SMAW, GTAW, and GMAC as well as all portable cutting technologies.
- Welding inconel a plus.
- The ability to read, understand and apply information such as OSHA lockout/tagout procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses, and procedure manuals.
- Training and experience in general rigging practices specifically in boiler element rigging.
- Ability to stay alert while sitting for long periods of time, work in close quarters and confined spaces, climb ladders, scaffolding and structures, tolerate heights, tolerate high temperatures and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Training and skills in metal working tools and metal working shop equipment in the performance of his/her assigned tasks.
- Valid Driver’s License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
- Must be able to work various shifts.
- Flexibility to respond for on-call unscheduled boiler tube fabrication support and work a varied schedule as required. Strong leadership and motivational skills are a must.