To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Groveland, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP & Chief Financial Officer
ExecuNet • Groveland, MA
Posted 2 months ago
Responsible for directing the financial strategy of the company to ensure that adequate financial resources are available to accomplish its mission and to maximize Shareholder value. Plans, directs, and guides the financial plans, strategies and policies of the company in support of profitable business growth, while ensuring the short- and long-term financial health of the organization. This includes developing short- and long-term financial plans, representing the organization with lenders, independent auditors, shareholders and external financial contacts as well as overall responsibility for budgets, treasury, tax, accounting, risk management, financial reporting, property management and financial analysis.
- Supports the development and helps drive the execution of new business growth initiatives globally by identifying new opportunities, managing acquisition/alliance evaluations, and supporting new business integrations.
- Directs all aspects of the financial organization worldwide. These functions include financial analysis and reporting, financial business systems, accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury, tax, risk management, general accounting and plant operations accounting. Oversees budget preparation and audit functions. Meets regularly with department heads to keep them informed and to offer direction.
- Establishes and/or approves corporate financial policy and procedures.
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, reports to management and shareholders, tax returns, and reports to government regulatory agencies.
- Oversees the financial management of global operations to include developing financial policies and procedures.
- Reviews projections of sales and profits against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Directs preparation and presentation of the budget. Provides financial modeling as needed.
- Coordinates with independent auditors for the completion of the annual audited financial results.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Analyzes company functions and operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, right-sized, or eliminated.
- Confers with President & CEO, Chief Global Sales Officer, Vice President of Operations, and other leaders to help develop, direct, coordinate and prioritize tactical and strategic planning and provide strategic financial input and leadership.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects company prospects for future growth in overall sales and market share, opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new product areas. Estimates requirements for capital, land, buildings, and an increase in the work force.
- Interacts with other managers as an effective and efficient business partner to provide consultative support on planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Member of the Investment Plan Committee.
- Drives operational efficiencies and improvements in the day-to-day management of the finance functions.
- Hires, develops, and trains key personnel to maintain a professional, competent, and flexible financial organization.
- Provides finance organization personnel with regular performance feedback and training and development opportunities; develops appropriate succession planning for the finance organization.
- Works with Executive Management, Board of Directors, and Audit Committee on all key financial decisions for the company.
- Regularly monitors business performance against established goals and key performance indicators.
- Oversight of Asbestos liability and related cash flows to insure adherence to short term and long-term goals. This will include working with outside asbestos counsel to establish strategies, guidelines and action plans necessary to achieve the company’s strategic goals.
Complexity of Duties:
- Position has corporate-wide and global financial responsibility.
- Responsible for creating and developing a successful strategy for the planning and direction of company wide financial objectives.
- Requires high level strategic and tactical abilities as well as strong execution abilities.
- Accomplishes results through subordinate staff and management levels. Sets performance standards and manages employee performance.
- Requires high level presentation and communication skills. Contacts are frequent with equivalent level inter-organizational executives, managers and customer representatives.
- Knowledge of government standards and requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- Strong financial management experience and business acumen
- Strategic planning and development skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, internally and externally
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience leading an S-corp required
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of daily sales and operation activities
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to Board, Shareholders and outside investors
- Analytical ability, good judgment and strong operation focus
- Effective team player
- Ability to lead and initiate change
- Strong knowledge of GAAP account principles
- Strong knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Strong process improvement skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree at an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 10 – 15 years related financial leadership experience at the Corporate Controller or Chief Financial Officer level