Incumbent is responsible for the routine operations of the site including maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and materials and keeping proper inventories. Ensures compliance with Quality Assurance and safety guidelines. Handles and coordinates the resolution of more complex issues. Accountable for hiring, disciplinary actions and performance management.
- Sets the example for demonstrating good safety habits.
- Plans, allocates and oversees the operational activities of site.
- Takes appropriate action to assure that staffing is adequate and be able to utilize resources effectively at any given time.
- Compile statistical data to effectively monitor quality and production standards.
- Interview, hire, train, coach, develop, motivate, and counsel employees when necessary.
- Work directly with staff to motivate and provide support to improve quality and effective performance.
- Able to utilize an innovative approach to problem solving and demonstrate process improvement.
- Effectively work with technical departments to resolve problems.
- Able to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Adheres to all Quest Diagnostics values, policies and compliance regulations.
- Develops, recommends, and oversees the implementation of new systems and site procedures, in conjunction with the Specimen Management Manager.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Director.
Required Work Experience:
5+ years in Specimen Management including having performed at Group Leader level.
Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
Has a functional knowledge of all areas in the department.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and client-related issues.
- Interpersonal skills to gain cooperation with other departments and foster continuous improvement
- Demonstrates problem-solving abilities
- Meets high performance standards with regard to work quality and quantity.
- Demonstrates that they value the diversity of all individuals in the department.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels of staff including senior management.
- Ability to reflect good judgment when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
- Good judgment when addressing personnel issues.
- Project a positive and enthusiastic image when carrying out company goals.
- Ability to work under pressure and at the same time help the department obtain its production and quality standards.
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Diagnostic Skills