$20.00 to $23.00 hourly
If you're looking to build your career in accounting, there's currently a long-term contract / temporary to hire Staff Accountant position in the Non-Profit industry with Robert Half that you may want to check out. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, you will hold responsibility over many aspects of internal reporting. In addition, you will support the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. A highly involved position, it works to produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This Oxford, New York based company is offering an opportunity that is multi-faceted and challenging in nature. It's a thriving environment where effort is rewarded.
What you get to do every single day
- Create monthly statement analysis to be used for management reportings
- Help with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Ready complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Report on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner
- Be a part of various department-wide initiatives
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Execute month end close, journal entries, with little supervision
- Assist in monthly financial close workbook preparation, including annual closing process
- Support capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Journal entries experience
- Command of Financial Audits
- Solid understanding of Monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high pressure environment, to prioritize deals and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent
- ERP system experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Demonstrated ability in exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant for more information.
- Bank Reconciliation